SOAP UI Tool – SOAP HTTPS Client Authentication
The article focuses on ‘How to use SOAP UI test tool’ to test certificate based authentication from a local machine. This could be utilized when the consultant lacks access to the sending system to send messages from it.
- SOAP UI Test Tool;
- SAP PI 7.1;
Key Words & Extensions:
- .crt/.cer (X.509 certificate extensions), .p12 (Private Key with Cert from PI Key store)
- Understanding of SSL connectivity;
- Configuration of we service & WSDL generation is already completed;
- Private Key enabled certificate loaded into sending party’s key store & linked to your scenario;
- Private Key is shared with PI consultant;
- Public Key enabled certificate shared with PI consultant;
- Downloaded & Installed SOAP UI test tool;
There are 2 steps in implementing this scenario.
Step-1: Key pair generation & obtaining public key certificate for loading into SAP PI;
Step-2: Obtaining private key certificate for loading into SOAP UI test tool;
Execute the tasks in this SOAP Sender – HTTPS Certificate Based Authentication.
- Obtain the generated key pairs;
- Open the SOAP UI test tool & load the WSDL file as shown in enclosed screen:
- When the ‘request’ message is opened, the request & response message frames could be seen as shown in the screen below:
- Navigate to ‘Show Project View’ in its properties menu as shown in screen below:
- In this wizard, navigate to ‘Security Configurations->Keystores/ Certificates’ as shown in screen below.
- Load private key certificate & provide the password of the private key file here:
- Now, the loaded private key has to be selected for this request message.
- Screen enclosed below is before selecting the private key in property window for SOAP request message:
- Screen enclosed below is after selecting the private key in property window for SOAP request message:
- Final task is to send an empty SOAP request message as in left frame & the response received is in right frame as in screen enclosed below .
Isn’t that very simple? Good Luck..! 🙂
I have query , while importing certificate in key store of SOAPUI asking passwords , but our certificate doesn't contain any passwords then how to test.