Skip to Content
Author's profile photo Nova Huang

Strange problem with user “SAP*”

Days ago, encountered a strange problem with user SAP* in Japanese environment.


All of the users are fine when I logon with Japanese language, however if I logon with “SAP*”, the user interface is massed up. All of the texts in user interface are corrupted.


I did not see any problem from language configuration or language import point of view, and if I logon other users, there is no such a problem.


Considering the problem only happens with user “SAP*”, I checked the user setting, and found that there is no relevant entry in table “usr02” for this user, which means the user is not created in SU01, so I created a user “SAP*” in SU01 and input default logon data as “JA”. After this, when I logon with user “SAP*”, logon language “JA”, the user interface is fine.


Regarding “SAP*”, it is always recommended to deactivate this user with parameter “login/no_automatic_user_sapstar” or change the default password with transaction SU01. You never should work with the built-in user “SAP*” (except during the early stages after creating a new client).

Assigned Tags

      Be the first to leave a comment
      You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.