Sales on the go- Part 2
In my previous blog post I tried exploring the high level changes that enhanced mobile technologies bring, especially to enterprise. One of these next-generation enterprise mobile solutions is Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM.
Mobile sales is built with the purpose of helping the sales representative to bring the power of the organization’s CRM effort onto his palm, thereby benefitting from
- Gains in Sales Productivity leading to increased revenue and accelerated buying decisions
- Better Sales Management resulting in accurate and updated insight into sales pipeline and planning.
- Increased CRM adoption via easier and contextual access.
Some of the key functionality that Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM application provides includes:
1. Account and Contact Management
– Single, simple view to access necessary information about a sales account and related data such as key contacts, relationships, up-to-date transactions history.
– Call, email or get directions to reach the customer with native phone integration
2. Lead and Opportunity Management
– Get pushed notifications about new leads and opportunities while on the road to accelerate the response times.
– Process the leads, opportunities on the device or create new ones that you come across while travelling.
3. Activity Management
– Access, create and modify activities using a very usable UI.
– Easily log customer call and email activities to help the sales team stay updated about each customer interaction and improve pipeline quality.
– Review updated reports such as pipeline analysis, top opportunities, and top orders to stay in sync with organization and personal sales goals and metrics.
These very convenient features are available across the Apple iPhone, Windows Mobile (6.5) and (soon – as soon as this year-end) RIM’s Blackberry platforms.
Finally, a quick look into juice that runs the system-
This awesome SAP + Sybase architecture consisting of SAP Mobile Gateway and Sybase SUP allows
- Support for large scale deployments
- Takes the load off the backend systems, like CRM, ERP
- Push based architecture for mission critical data access
- Device agnostic capability
- Data always in sync with backend systems
- Rule based subscription for data distribution
- Support of online requests to backend systems
You can dig in to more information about the platforms at the Sybase website and SAP Service Marketplace . Or even better, if you have an iphone/ipod handy, go to the apple app store: search for and install “Sybase Mobile Sales for SAP CRM”. The app comes with demo data which can give you a fair idea of what to expect.
In my next post in this series I will try to cover another Mobile Sales solution that complements your SAP CRM implementation.