Half of Enterprises Likely to Deploy iPad Apps in Next 2 Years (Survey, Charticle)
BI vendor MicroStrategy shared with me the results of their recent Mobile Applications Survey. It surveyed more than 2,400 business and IT professionals, of whom 37% worked at companies with annual revenue of $1 billion or more.
MicroStrategy didn’t spell out their methodology, so I can’t vouch for that. But the results indicate impressive uptick in enterprise adoption of mobile, which totally jibe with what I am seeing anecdotally (i.e. see my iPad deployment list). The most impressive findings:
– 83% of all respondents will deploy or are investigating deployment of mobile apps within next two years.
– 62% of respondents with existing/planned deployments are focused on using the iPhone. Extrapolating from that, 52% of all enterprises will likely deploy iPhone apps.
– 55% of respondents with planned/existing deployments are focused on using the iPad. Extrapolating from that, 46% of all enterprises will likely deploy iPad apps.
– BI will be most widely-deployed mobile app over 2 years, with 52% saying mobile BI will be used by more than 20% of organization.
– Security concerns were top reason (26%) for enterprises not building mobile apps.
Here goes (click on slide to enlarge them):