Why Operational BI Matters?
Operational BI provides operational visibility to business activities across the entire extended enterprise network, action in near real-time across business and operational levels and prediction to identify patterns in transactions and events to avoid future problems. SAP Operational BI drives operational efficiencies and improves customer service through the proactive detection and management of business opportunities and threats.
Operational BI is a horizontal solution that could be used in many industries, especially Transportation & Logistics, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Discrete and Process Manufacturing, CPG, Telecommunications and Public Sector.
Here is a list of industries where Operational BI has great impacts:
• Pharmaceutical companies are able to identify and replace expired or defective products
• Oil & Gas measuring petroleum output at millisecond rates from hundreds of rigs simultaneously
• CPG company requires trade promotion response rates to measure their return on marketing investments
• Mining company needs to manage assets and track their usage in dozens of locations through 300 ERPs
• Manufacturer’s SCM wants greater visibility from suppliers’ disparate systems
• Monitoring Sentiment Analysis to new product introduction on mobile device
• Utilities companies can alert consumers when energy consumption exceeds threshold
SAP Event Insight is part of SAP’s Operational BI solution. It transforms raw events and historical information into actionable business insights. SAP Event Insight allows organizations to continuously and simultaneously monitor multiple streams of information in a scalable manner from multiple data sources (from SAP and non-SAP environments), multiple locations and multiple companies to facilitate the detection of complex business conditions based on event patterns and trends.
The Advantages of using Operational BI is getting the intelligence “now” rather than later, the scalability to monitor company’s extended landscape, the ease to allow “business users” to create new operational queries, the one computing system that links to thousands of data sources for allowing 24/7 monitoring and detecting of events to alert through a dashboard and mobile devices and the ability to response immediately to the right parties for operational process change.
For additional questions, please contact your SAP Account Executive.