Testimony SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 SP6
From our experience the new release of SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1 SP06 will better address the customers’ needs and helps Camelot ITLab to create Master Data Management scenarios in a much more efficient and effective way through increasing overall system improvement, performance and stability.
Built on the stable basis of SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management 7.1 SP05 the new support package is the next step to a holistic Master Data Management approach.
Amongst others, Camelot ITLab sees the major enhancements in:
- Increased usability for mass operations by enabling modifications on failed records whilst showing one consolidated error message.
- Massively improved matching performance by narrowing down the matching range through required rules.
- Enhanced system availability through an improved locking mechanism. The locking strategy will enable slicing for mass operations and runs on table level which will not lock the entire repository like in the past.
- An event notification service is created in order to send alerts to attached systems
- Improved archive / unarchive performance showed performance gains up to 50% in Camelot ITLabs’ tests.
- Improved performance through multi-threaded parallel matching.
MDM Import Server
- Enhanced memory footprint while importing XML files. The XML files are not flattened any more.
MDM Java API
- Enhanced API functionality enabling developers to gain from overall improvements.