Source Code-Based Class Builder
What does this tool do?
The source code-based Class Builder is used to edit the complete source of global classes without navigating to different forms and section editors. The new editor is integrated in the ABAP Workbench and is available as an additional mode of the Class Builder as of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.
What features does if offer?
The main features offered by the source code-based mode of the Class Builder are:
- Possibility to display, edit and save the complete code of a global class including its public, protected and private section as well as its method implementations in a single editor.
- On demand locking – you can edit only specific sections or methods of the complete source code.
- Internal navigation – the keyboard combination Ctrl+F5 helps you navigate to the components of a class or an interface. In the dialog window you can see a list of all public, private and protected components.
- Filtering components – Inside the Class/Interface Navigator, you can use filters. For each component, there is information whether it is redefined or inherited.
- Navigation via the Object Navigator tree – you can navigate to a component in the source code by selecting it from the Object Navigator tree.
- Editing of interfaces – the new editor displays the complete source of the interface.
- Workbench settings – you can explicitly switch on or off the new editor and you can always revert to the classic editor by means of the toggle button.
How to set it up?
In the Object Navigator choose, Utilities -> Settings -> Class Builder -> Source Code-Based Class Builder.
Are there any constraints?
The source-code based Class Builder does not support the Modification Assistant and can be used only with regular ABAP classes and interfaces but not with exception classes, global test classes or persistence classes. Classes that have been enhanced by means of the Enhancement Framework are also not supported by the source code-based Class Builder.