Remote support component
Remote support component is a new tool that is now in ‘ramp-up’ and being gradually released to the SAP BusinessObjects customer base.
Remote support component is a system monitoring and analysis platform, specifically for SAP customers who only have an SAP BusinessObjects install-base (i.e. no SAP applications such as NetWeaver or SAP Business ByDesign). This release offers a focused feature-set, SAP Early Watch Alert reports and Root Cause Analysis functionality. It will work exclusively with SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP2 (and higher) installations.
- The Early Watch Alert report provides a summary of the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise system landscape and its configuration, and will aid in troubleshooting issues, highlighting areas of concern. Examples are; system and hardware configuration, software versions, key performance indicators, detailed service settings, and SAP BusinessObjects technology checks. This report will result in faster message resolution time as it will save SAP support consultants from repeatedly asking questions about your system’s environment. To see an example of an Early Watch Alert report, click here.
- Root Cause Analysis helps to determine where and why a problem occurred. This is achieved through Wily Introscope monitoring dashboards, the investigator and transaction tracing.
How does it work?
Remote support component will link into the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise console, and communicate with an SAP Solution Manager ‘backbone’ system, hosted by SAP, via the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP), over the internet.
How can customers get involved?
During the SAP Ramp-Up period, which is already underway, customers must complete and submit a brief online Ramp-Up Request Form. This request will be processed right away and the customer contact provided in the Ramp-up Request form will receive an e-mail notification. This notification will inform the contact that ytheir account has been enabled and can now download the SAP ‘remote support component’ software from the dedicated download page and thereby the Software Download Center. If there are any issues with the submitted form, the same contact will be notified in an e-mail to resolve the issues.
- For registration click Register and select ‘remote support component’.
- For all product information click remote support component.
- For frequently asked questions click FAQ.
- For additional documentation click Documentation.
- For training information click Training.
- To visit the forum, Supportability Tools.
- To download the software click Download after you have registered.