abap2xlsx – I’m no longer a baby, I grow up and now I’m a fully featured tool
I published abap2xlsx first release just few xlsx2abap – Read and edit your Excel files from ABAP, it was July 2010, and it get a lot of positive feedbacks from all of the SCN Community; today I’m here to announce the new stable version Release 3.0.
Before start listing all the new features I want to thank all the Community members that helped me to get this achievement:
- Gregor Wolf and Tomek Mackowski always active and ready to give their opinion and contribution to the project.
- Ludek Vondruska for his help to make abap2xlsx compatible with old SAP releases.
- Hoang Manh Hung for the integration of his project alv2xlsx into abap2xlsx.
- Alvaro Tejada Galindo and Joachim Wrba for giving project their ideas and developments.
- Rui Nogueira for giving us the Code Exchange,that helps us to get in touch with Community Members in order to collaborate on this project.
- Sergio Ferrari and all the members of Techedge Labs Team for their support in all phases of this project.
A lot of great features are coming with this new release; I’ll try to list all of them:
- Worksheet and Workbook protection
- More style options (i.e. Rotation, Vertical alignment)
- Page layout settings
- Freezing panes – Locking columns and rows for scrolling (i.e. Table headers)
- Sheet printing settings
- Dynpro ALV Binding
- Demo reports collection improvements
- Many code improvements
- Bug fixing
We have just planned new features for the next release like:
- Pivot table
- Integration with Google Documents
- OpenDocument Spreadsheet file output
and we are also working on a new project abap2docx! What are you waiting for? Join us!
Code is shared on Code Exchange, if you want to contribute or suggest new features you are really welcome!