abap2xlsx – I’m no longer a baby, I grow up and now I’m a fully featured tool
I published abap2xlsx first release just few xlsx2abap – Read and edit your Excel files from ABAP, it was July 2010, and it get a lot of positive feedbacks from all of the SCN Community; today I’m here to announce the new stable version Release 3.0.
Before start listing all the new features I want to thank all the Community members that helped me to get this achievement:
- Gregor Wolf and Tomek Mackowski always active and ready to give their opinion and contribution to the project.
- Ludek Vondruska for his help to make abap2xlsx compatible with old SAP releases.
- Hoang Manh Hung for the integration of his project alv2xlsx into abap2xlsx.
- Alvaro Tejada Galindo and Joachim Wrba for giving project their ideas and developments.
- Rui Nogueira for giving us the Code Exchange,that helps us to get in touch with Community Members in order to collaborate on this project.
- Sergio Ferrari and all the members of Techedge Labs Team for their support in all phases of this project.
A lot of great features are coming with this new release; I’ll try to list all of them:
- Worksheet and Workbook protection
- More style options (i.e. Rotation, Vertical alignment)
- Page layout settings
- Freezing panes – Locking columns and rows for scrolling (i.e. Table headers)
- Sheet printing settings
- Dynpro ALV Binding
- Demo reports collection improvements
- Many code improvements
- Bug fixing
We have just planned new features for the next release like:
- Pivot table
- Integration with Google Documents
- OpenDocument Spreadsheet file output
and we are also working on a new project abap2docx! What are you waiting for? Join us!
Code is shared on Code Exchange, if you want to contribute or suggest new features you are really welcome!
Thanks to all contributors for your efforts.
Many compliments for the very good work and many tanks for sharing this special project over the SDN Community!
a great project and an excellent work, even the text diagonally .... I thought that it was enough to turn the paper by 45° into the printer...... 😉
you have to accept the Code Exchange TOU, user name and password need to be authorized by Code Exchange (singing the TOU)
Thanks so much for your response and I downloaded them successfully a moment ago. Thank you very much for this wonderful and useful project. Keep on going...
I am very interested in abap2xlsx. However, I found that I cannot access to code exchange? How can I get the permission? Thanks.
You can find it on github now: ivanfemia/abap2xlsx · GitHub
This software is an open source project that will be only available on Code Exchange.
Do you know how to join code exchange? Seems an interesting place.
Code exchange is no longer available, it has been dismissed by SAP more than an year ago.