Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 is available. It is a free download with no registration required!
When you install Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 it automatically integrates itself with the Visual Studio 2010 shell. What this means to Delphi Prism developers is this will give you the SDK and all the objects needed to design, view and deploy your reports however you will need to re-target your project from the “.NET Framework 4 Client Profile” to the “.NET Framework 4 ” to be able to make use of our SDK.
NOTE: Retarget your project may cause problems with the Ankh Subversion control installed by Delphi Prism; closing and re-opening your project will fix this.
Some highlights of enhancements are:
- No longer a “light” version of Crystal Reports, now contains all export format and database drivers as the full version of Crystal
- Access to the Report Application Server SDK which exposes report creation API’s allowing much greater report modification through code.
- 32 and 64 bit runtime support
- New WPF Viewer
- New Read-Only Report format that protects your internal business logic in the report, but allows the reports to still be viewed.
Please see this weblog for download location: Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Production Release Now Available
Please feel free to leave feedback.
I also want to remind you of Idea Place (https://ideas.sap.com) which allows you to:
- Log new ideas (enhancement requests)
- Vote on other users ideas
- sucribe to ideas