ASUG Business Intelligence (including BusinessObjects): A Busy State of the Union
The ASUG Business Intelligence Community includes BusinessObjects, Business Warehouse, and parts of Enterprise Information Management.
As ASUG volunteers, we have had a busy and successful year:
- So far this year we have conducted 30 webcasts with average registration of 175.
- The BI sessions at ASUG 2010 annual conference were the 2nd highest in terms of attendance
- Sold-out pre-conference session at SAP TechED + several successful ASUG sessions at SAP TechED
- SAP BusinessObjects User Conference
We are starting several new influence councils- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information:
|Influence Council Name||Covered Products|
|Dashboarding and Visualization||Xcelsius|
|Casual User|| SBOP Explorer
SBOP Explorer Mobile
|Enterprise Reporting||Crystal Reports
Crystal Reports for Eclipse
Crystal Reports for .NET
|Power User – Interactive Analysis|| Interactive Analysis (WebI & DeskI)
|Power User – Advanced Analysis||Analysis, Web edition
Analysis, Edition for Microsoft Office
BEx Web Reporting
|Semantic Layer||Semantic Layer|
|BI Mobile||Mobile Strategy, Mobile BI Platform & Apps|
|Migration of Desktop Intelligence to Web Intelligence|
We have the following upcoming webcasts:
December 1 Achieving Business Insight with Data Services Text Data Processing
December 7 – AstraZeneca’s BI Customer Centre of Excellence
December 8 – GMaps + Xcelsius – Coding = Must See
For 2011, the following thirteen BusinessObjects 4.0 webcasts are scheduled:
January 11 – BusinessObjects 4.0 Roadmap
January 12 – SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 Enterprise Overview
January 13 Crystal Reports 4.0
January 19 – SAP BusinessObjects Dashboard Design 4.0 (formerly known as XCelsius)
January 20 SAP BusinessObjects Analysis 4.0 Features (aka Pioneer)
January 26 SAP BusinessObjects WebIntelligence 4.0
January 27 SAP Integration Topics
February 3 – LCM with BOE
February 4 SAP BusinessObjects Semantic Layer 4.0 Features, Enhancements and Roadmap
February 9 SAP BusinessObjects Explorer 4.0 Preview
February 15 BusinessObjects Monitoring
Feb 17 Desktop Intelligence Migration
February 23 Upgrading from SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 to BI4
2011 ASUG Annual Conference
Also speaking of 2011, this year ASUG is asking potential ASUG 2011 Annual Conference (hashtag #ASUG2011) speakers to express their intent to submit an abstract. The deadline to express your intent to speak is November 24th. The link to express your intent is here.
Then, potential speakers have 2 weeks to submit their abstracts in December. As someone stated before, for one hour’s of work you get comped the whole conference!
The BI themes includes BusinessObjects, Enterprise Data Warehousing, the new “HANA”. The themes are to help attendees navigate content. Our themes are below:
- BusinessObjects Strategy & Roadmap – to include upgrades, SAP Integration
- Dashboarding & Analytics – to include Dashboard Design/ Xcelsius, Analysis, SAP BusinessExplorer & SAPBusinessObjects Explorer & Web Application Designer
- Query Analysis/Reporting – Standard Casual User Reporting – Crystal Reports, Interactive Analysis/WebIntelligence
- Business Intelligence Platform/Semantic Layer – Universe Design, Data Federator, BEx Query, BusinessObjects Enterprise, BI Mobile
- Data Warehousing to include Enterprise Data Warehousing, Business Warehouse, Extraction, Transformation & Loading, modeling (Layered Scalable Architecture), Business Warehouse Accelerator, BI Authorization, performance tuning,Business Warehouse upgrades (7.3), HANA/ High Performance Analytic application
- EIM (Enterprise Information Management) – Data Services, Data Quality, Metadata Management
We hope to see you all at a future webcast, influence council, or at annual conference.
Why I believe in the power of ASUG Influence Councils Part 1
Credit for next year's webcasts and a lot of this year's activity goes to Ingo Hilgefort, who is our great SAP Point of Contact to the ASUG BI SIG.
Thanks so much for putting together such a great summary. I'm very much looking forward to working with you next year!