This is a continuation of my previous blog on the Data Migration challenges / Data Migration Framework.
Data Migration Framework:
As a part of implementation, the legacy data has to be cleansed, profiled, and validated before it is migrated to SAP system to ensure quality of data as per SAP requirements. . This calls for a structured framework, robust methodology and investments in software/tools.
The Data Migration framework and tool should help in removing the complex activity (of Data Migration) from the critical path of SAP Implementations:
• By involving the business users’ right during the initial phases of the project
• By advancing data migration activities to beginning of blue printing phase which are otherwise done during build phase.
• By giving insights to the implementation team in the mapping of AS IS and TO BE processes.
• By having robust data profiling reports
• By ensuring good filtering process thereby ensuring no bad data load into SAP.
• By having the best practices in built.
The Advantages of a robust framework are:
1. Removal of data migration from critical path.
2. Zero Data Loss
3. Maintain Data integrity and consistency
4. Reduce maintenance cost
5. High Enriched, optimized and cleansed data