Minimizing Unplanned Downtime
EAM METRIC OF THE MONTH – UNPLANNED DOWNTIME
Based on SAP EAM Benchmarking, companies (across all industries) with average performance have around 3.2% Unplanned Downtime, whereas the Top 25% companies have close to 0.5% Unplanned Downtime.
Source: SAP EAM Benchmarking
Participants in SAP’s EAM Benchmarking program can have access to industry specific values for this metric.
RECOMMENDED BEST PRACTICES
- When un-planned maintenance events occur, upcoming planned maintenance is also evaluated and completed on the non-productive equipment while it is down
- Damage and cause codes are captured in the majority of cases and analyzed on a regular basis
- Majority of maintenance work orders are generated from the preventive and predictive maintenance inspections
METRICS FOR UPCOMING POSTS
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) (in %)
- Weekly Maintenance Schedule Attainment Rate (in %)