With the new support package 1 for the ST-A/PI 01M plug-in several new key figures have been shipped for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager. This blog will give a short overview about what is new. The largest part of new key figures is related to CRM Marketing and was developed based on the input of two large global consumer products companies.
The support package 1 for ST-A/PI is available for download since September 2010 and can be found under (SMP login required) http://service.sap.com/supporttools.
A complete list/catalog of all available out-of-the-box key figures is available as MS PowerPoint presentation under (SMP login required in both cases)
- http://service.sap.com/BPM > Media Library > Customer Information > Business Process & Interface Monitoring – Part 2.ppt
- Or directly here
Remark: On slides 3 and 4 (Table of Content) you can find hyperlinks where you can directly access the respective chapter of interest.
New monitoring objects and key figures have been developed in the following areas in SAP ERP and SAP CRM Marketing:
- Invoice Accuracy (number of Credit Memos and number of Credit Memo Requests created in a certain reference period. The later also allows an evaluation per Order Reason)
- Stock Transport Orders (overdue STOs and Stock in transit where scheduled qty, delivered qty, issued qty and received qty can be seen in one view)
- Vendor Consignment (withdrawals and withdrawal reversals not settled)
- Campaigns (created/changed per day, number of products in finished campaigns and number of campaigns in certain status)
- Trade Promotions (created/changed per day, number of products/product categories or duration in finished Trade Promotions and number of Trade Promotions in certain status)
- Deals Management (created/changed per day)
- Marketing Plans (created/changed per day, number of products in finished marketing plans and number of marketing plans in certain status)
New key figures were introduced for Sales Document items, Outbound Deliveries and Shipments. Some examples are:
- Overdue schedule line items (helpful if you have “big” sales orders with many line items)
- Schedule line items initially not confirmed (allows to identify material/plant combinations which are often not confirmed due to missing stock)
- Incomplete sales document items
- Deliveries with overdue invoices (according to billing date and where GI was posted)
- Deliveries overdue for picking (to become even more proactive in comparison to the exisitng overdue for GI posting key figure)
- Shipments within a certain overall status
You can find all necessary information about Business Process Analytics in this document.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics are answered under http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring andhttp://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Analytics respectively.
The following blogs (chronological order) provide further details about Business Process Monitoring functionalities within the SAP Solution Manager.
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – ALE / IDoc Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – qRFC Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring Functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – functionalities For Inconsistencies in SAP Solution Manager
- SAP Business Process Monitoring within SAP Solution Manager
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – BPMon Trend Analysis Reporting
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Manufacturing
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Procure to Pay
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Order to Cash
- Functional Scope of Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- Business Process Monitoring – Template configuration available for download
- Typical Use Cases for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – Customer Exit
- New key figure catalog for Business Process Monitoring available
- Why SAP offers different tools for Business Process Monitoring & Business Process Optimization
- Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit
- Protect your SAP ERP investment & improve your core business processes
- Refresh Solution Landscape cache for Business Process Operation Work Center
- Create your own customer-specific key figure for Business Process Monitoring within 5 minutes
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 1
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 2: Setup Example