As I alluded to in my last blog post, I’ve decided to take a chance and give TechEd Las Vegas atry. I have several reasons to give it a shot this year:
- With the increasing drumbeat in the distance of some people wanting to ‘merge’ BOBJ content somewhere, as opposed to a separate conference; I thought I would take the time to form my own opinion as to what TechEd is like and whether or not this would make sense.
- I have some PTO I need to use before the end of the year. It might seem uber-geeky to fly to a conference that has to do with my job- but I can somehow justify it to myself!
**Important corollary to 2: My wife said ‘yes’ and said I can come to Vegas.**
- I keep hearing people on both sides of the aisle (SAP and BOBJ-Agnostic) talk about how awesome TechEd is. While speaking at SBOUC was a great experience, for me there was also a corporate component to it. As in, since my employer was footing the bill, I felt as if I really needed to focus on tracks and topics specific to work. I think that if I can experience TechEd on my own, I will be able to get a fuller experience of what folks are talking about!
- ‘Curiosity kills the cat’ is how the saying goes. I am quite curious as to how BOBJ content is going to be delivered in a true SAP conference. The compare and contrast will be interesting…
- It’s Vegas, Baby!!! 3 days in Vegas! I would’ve taken more, but there were no frequent flier flights for Friday available…bummed I’m gonna miss Lifehouse.
But most importantly…I want to give my SCNottie award acceptance speech in person!! I’m working on an acceptance speech that will fit in the time before the orchestra starts playing me off thestage.
Here’sto my first TechEd. Wish me luck!