Probably think of following scenarios:
• How to trace an atomic level of any transaction in a real-time?
• Operational Metrics of large volume of events processed in any company
• How to find out real-time traffic in any Highway?
• How to trace the CO2 emission in real-time?
• How to trace my shipment in a heterogeneous landscape?
• How to get a feel of consumer sentiments?
• How to find the electricity consumption in an AMI/Smart Metering world?
• Mission Critical Alerts/Notifications
In order to achieve above requirements, there is good news for all of us from SAP. I.e. nothing but one of the highlights of today’s keynote – i.e. SAP Business Object Event Insight 4.0 (Internally termed as Live Enterprise) – new, fresh offering from SAP on event management!!. Looks damn cool – definitely a real real-time event management solution.
SAP Event Insight is a complex event processing engine helps in managing the events in a heterogeneous landscape. It will help in collecting, managing & publishing the business events into an integrated framework. SAP Event Insight will help in providing a “Single View” on event Data. So at the end of the day, business user can easily evaluate the atomic details of the series of happenings in a given landscape using SAP Event Insight. In summary, SAP Event Insight will provide the comprehensive outlook of the series of events.
For more on SAP Event Insight and its features, it is prefer to be part of TechEd sessions – PMC106 , PMC164 .Now think a case, where I need to use these events to get the business value using analytics and business process /rules. So as per the information gathered and whatever demos seen, Event Management + Business Process/Rule Management + Business Intelligence will help in achieving Operational BI solution. Good to be part of POD29
Also there is a very good demo in SCN:SAP BusinessObjects Event Insight XI 4.0 with Sybase CEP: Enabling Operational BI Oil & Gas
After watching the demo, I thought let me put my understanding of SAP Event Insight here. So I am eagerly looking for SAP Event Insight Ramp-up program (expected to be available for Ramp-up during end of Nov 2010). What about you?