CNN recently published the 2010 best jobs in America, of which the #1 was software architect, with a job growth rate of 34% in 10 years. It clearly goes to show the increasing need for Business – IT alignment and other strategic activities that architects focus on.
SAP and ASUG Enterprise Architecture (EA) community has been seeing the trend of increased interest from IT community to embrace EA as a formal career. As a result, we have organized several educational and networking sessions focusing on Architecture. Below is the partial list.
- 10/18 – Full day pre-conference event. Did You Know? Enterprise Architecture: SAP Roadmaps, Innovation, and Value.
- 10/19 – From 1:00 – 1:30 local time. TechEd Expert Networking Session: Enterprise Architecture as a career (Lounge 8).
- 10/20 – From 1:00 – 1:30 local time. TechEd Expert Networking Session: Enterprise Architects Birds of a Feather Session (Lounge 8).
- 10/19 – From 5:45 – 6:45 local time. Enterprise Architecture in the Real World: Best Practices (Lido 3101B).
- 10/19 – From 11:30 – 12:30. PMC302 Value-Based Management: An SAP EA Framework for Creating, Realizing, and Measuring Value.
- 10/19 – From 3:15 – 4:15. PMC104 Enterprise Modeling: From Conceptual Planning to Technical Blueprints and Build.
We would like to invite everyone currently practicing EA, and those interested in pursuing EA as a career to checkout these sessions (as well as other sessions related to architecure). If you are interested in further conversations, you can reach out to one of the EA community leadership team members at TechEd. Simply ask for us at the ASUG lounge!
Look forward to seeing you at TechEd.