International Focus Group for Integration
The International Focus Group for Integration (IFG for Integration) is an initiative of SAP user groups around the globe in the area of SAP integration, SAP Integration Suite and SAP Process Integration/Process Orchestration.
The mission of the IFG for Integration is to establish the collaboration between the various SAP user groups in the area of SAP Integration Suite, SAP Process Integration, SAP Process Orchestration and SAP integration. In addition to the collaboration, exchange of experiences and knowledge our goals are to combine and strengthen the feedback and influencing towards SAP and to work on joint best practices. Target of our group is to support the various PI focus groups as part of their national user groups (but not to replace them in any way).
|DSAG||Germany||Application Integration||Hermann Steinrötter||www.dsag.de|
|ASUG||U.S.||Integration Technologies and E-Business||Andrea Pennington,
|VNSG||Netherlands||Process Integration||Bernd Pfeiffer||www.vnsg.nl/pi|
|SBN Norge||Norway||Eva-Maria Fahrer||www.sap-sbn.no|
|UK & Ireland SUG||UK & Ireland||www.sapusers.org|
|African SAP User Group||Africa||NetWeaver||Corlia Van Zyl||www.afsug.co.za|
|Russian PI User Group||Russia||Iliya Kuznetsov||groups.google.com|
|Utilisateurs SAP Francophones (USF)||France||Marc Yardin||www.usf.fr|
|SAP Mentors||global||Michal Krawczyk,
At the last face-to-face group meeting 2017 in Berlin Hermann Steinrötter was reelected as chair of the group.
- March: Start of integration survey 2022 (see section SAP Influencing)
- June: Publication of survey results 2022
- June: Virtual integration day on June 23rd
- May: Start of integration survey 2020 (see section SAP Influencing)
- November: Publication of survey results 2020
- February/March: Finalization of question catalog for integration survey 2019
- May: Start of integration survey 2019 (see section SAP Influencing)
- October: Publication of survey results 2019
- February/March: Finalization of question catalog for integration survey 2018
- May: Start of integration survey 2018 (see section SAP Influencing)
- October: IFG Integration Days in Stockholm
- November/December: Publication of survey results 2018
- March/April: Finalization of integration survey 2017
- May: Start of integration survey 2017 (see section SAP Influencing)
- September: End of survey with 511 participants
- November: Publication of PI survey 2017 results (see section SAP Influencing)
- February: Finalization of PI survey 2016
- March: Webinar SAP AIF 3.0
- April: Start of integration survey 2016
- September/October: Publication of PI survey 2016 results (see section SAP Influencing)
- December: Annual group meeting in Berlin
- January: Publication of PI survey results (see section SAP Influencing)
- May: Start of PI survey 2015 (see section SAP Influencing)
- September: Annual face-to-face group meeting (Hamburg)
- October: Publication of PI survey 2015 results (see section SAP Influencing)
- October: Start of new SAP Customer Connection Program for SAP Process Orchestration (see section SAP Influencing)
- January: Follow-up survey on monitoring, see details in next section
- January: Webinar SAP NetWeaver PI Roadmap
- January/February: Finalization of questions for PI survey 2014.
- February: Webinar Trading Partner Management (SAP B2B Add-On)
- March: SAP Mentor Agasthuri Doss joins IFG for PI
- September: Annual face-to-face group meeting (Paris), change of group name to IFG for Integration
- January/February: Finalization of questions for PI survey 2013.
- February: Maintenance and subscription of collected PI requirements by users at SAP Customer Connection Program.
- March: Release of new document version 3.5 of PI naming conventions (see working papers below), completion of subscription period of SAP Customer Connection Program.
- May: Official start of PI survey 2013, see Global Survey for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 2013
- August: Completion of PI survey
- October: Annual face-to-face group meeting (Stockholm), release of PI survey results, see links below
- February/March: Completion and review of PI requirements gathering
- April: Online survey for prioritization of collected requirements, see Online Survey – PI Requirements Prioritization
- May: Start global NetWeaver PI Survey 2012, see Global Survey for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 2012
- July: Completion of online survey for prioritization of collected requirements, forwarding of results to SAP
- October: Annual face-to-face group meeting (Stockholm), release of PI survey results & requirement prioritization
- October: Change of group name from GSIG for PI to IFG for PI
- January – March: Concept and preparation of new PI survey
- April: Start of PI survey for 2011
- April: The Danish user group FSD joins the initiative
- May: SAP mentors Michal Krawczyk und Daniel Graversen join the group
- July: End of PI survey for 2011. We received more than 400 responses this year. Many thanks to all contributors and user groups!
- September: Annual face-to-face group meeting (Brussels), see also Thoughts after the Global Special Interest group for PI (GSIG for PI) after the meeting
- September/October: Official release of PI survey 2011 results
- November: Start of PI requirement gathering
- January: SAPSA and SBN Norge join the initiative
- March: SAPience.be joins the initiative
- July/August: Second international survey about SAP Application Integration and PI
- August/September: JSUG joins the initiative
- September: Annual onsite meeting in Den Bosch / Netherlands
- October: SAUG and SUG UK & Ireland join the initiative
- October: Executive meeting with SAP management (Hervé Couturier, Dirk Kästner, Sindhu Gangadharan) at SAP TechEd Europe
- October: AFSUG & Russian PI group join the initiative
- November:The French user group USF joins the initiative
- February – April: Survey about usage of EDI adapters on XI/PI
- May: Publication first draft of monitoring best practices
- May: Publication updated version of PI naming conventions
- September: Onsite meeting in Walldorf
- August: Kickoff meeting in Walldorf (ASUG, VNSG, DSAG, SAP)
- September: First international survey about SAP Application Integration and PI
- November: Web conference PI naming conventions
- Global Survey for SAP Integration 2022
Global Survey for SAP Integration 2022
- Global Survey for SAP Integration 2020
The survey was conducted between May and August. The results can be found in the following blogs: Results of the global Survey for SAP Integration 2020 – Part 1, Results of the global Survey for SAP Integration 2020 – Part 2
- Global Survey for SAP Integration 2019
The survey was conducted between May and August. Details can be found in the following blog: Results of the global Survey for SAP Integration 2019
- Global Survey for SAP Integration 2018
The survey was conducted between May and August. Details and link to the results can be found in the following blog: Global Survey for SAP Integration 2018
- Global Survey for SAP Integration 2017
The survey was conducted between May and September. The results can be found in the following blog: Global Survey for SAP Integration 2017
- Global Survey for Process Integration 2016
- The first part of the results are described in the blog Results of the global Survey 2016 for SAP Process Integration (Part 1 of 2).The results of the 2016 focus topic are described in the blog Results of the global Survey 2016 for SAP Process Integration (Part 2 of 2).
- Global Survey for Process Integration 2015
The results are again published in two SCN blogs. The blog Results of the global Survey 2015 for SAP Process Integration (Part 1 of 2) gives an overview of the general questions in comparison to the previous years. The second blog Results of the global Survey 2015 for SAP Process Integration (Part 2 of 2) includes the results of 2015 focus topic RESTful web services and cloud integration.
- SAP Customer Connection Program for SAP Process Orchestration
Start of functional requirement collection for SAP Process Orchestration. More details and how to participate can be found in the following blog: Join the new customer connection project for SAP Process Orchestration
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2014
The results are published in two SCN blogs. The blog Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2014 (Part 1 of 2) gives an overview of the general questions in comparison to the results of the previous surveys. The blog Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2014 (Part 2 of 2) provides an insight into 2014 focus topic BPM.
- Follow-up Survey on PI Monitoring
As monitoring was still a major pain point in the PI Survey 2013, IFG and SAP have decided to do a small follow-up survey to get a better understanding of the experiences from companies who already use the central PI monitoring on SAP Solution Manager. Further details can be found in the blog IFG Survey: Central PI Monitoring with SAP Solution Manager.
- Results from Requirement Prioritization
Results from the collection of new functional requirements for PI and the voting from the SAP user group members are published in our blog Results of the PI Requirement Prioritization. 9 of the 20 top requirements got nominated by SAP for the SAP Customer Connection Program. More information about the process and own participation can be found in the blog IFG for PI: Subscription process for new PI Features in SAP Customer Connection Program.
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2013
The blogs Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2013 (Part 1 of 2) and Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2013 (Part 2 of 2) give an overview of the latest results from 2013 and trends.
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2012
The blog Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2012 shows the results of the survey from 2012.
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2011
The results of 2011 can be found in the our blog Results of the global NetWeaver PI Survey 2011.
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2010
Announcement for 2011 and 2010 results are publish in the our blog Global NetWeaver PI Survey 2011 and last Year’s Results.
- Global SAP Application Integration Survey 2008
- Naming Conventions for PI
Best practice document about naming conventions and integration design for SAP NetWeaver PI (version 3.52 with updates for PI 7.40 released in May 2015)
- Release of a new naming convention document for SAP Cloud Platform Integration in 2018
How to participate and join
The download of the documents and the registration to the web conferences is offered to all members of the participating user groups and can be accessed via their specific portals or by contacting the speakers of the special interest groups listed in the table above.
Group meeting 2011 in Brussels, Belgium
Group meeting 2012 in Stockholm, Sweden
Group meeting 2013 in Hamburg, Germany
Group meeting 2014 in Paris, France
Group meeting 2015 in Hamburg, Germany
Group meeting 2016 in Berlin, Germany
Other user groups are very welcome join our initiative.
In case of questions or ideas do not hesitate to contact us!
It's very good to hear there are many people who want to innovate about PI integration. There is local Moscow XI User Group which has been started to collect since this year, just informal meetings. Can we join to you?
PS Mailing list is available at http://groups.google.com/group/mskxiug but it was created 3 days ago, some earlier discussions were at http://sapforum.ru.
thanks for your interest, new members are always welcome! I will send my contact data to your e-mail address, so that we can schedule a telephone call for next week or the week after.
The Group and the initiatives sounds really exciting. Is it possible for an independent PI consultant to join this user group, attend sessions, view documents and give his views?
Do let me know the procedure for the same?
our international collaboration is on level of the different user groups and their special interest groups. Hans de Labije is currently in contact with Manish Choksi from the Indian SAP user group, so that we do hope that India will join us soon.
As yash asked i am also asking same question how can we join.
we currently only collaborate on user group level, since our target is to strengthen the collaboration between the various national user groups and to motivate users and consultants to join and actively support their specific national SAP user group. Direct participation of single companies or independent consultants is currently not planned.
I was told about this group by Mr. Udo Paltzer- from SAP..
in which special interest group of ASUG do you participate?
I am part of following SIGs, let me know do I need to get into any:
1. Enterprise Architecture
2. Enterprise Architecture Communities
3. Integration Technologies and E-Business
4. SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
usually it's the SIG speakers or co-speakers of the specific user group, who participate in our global user group. Are you currently actively involved in one of the four you mentioned below?
btw, I am not able to see your email Id in the business card. It is prefer to discuss over there if you are fine.
Let me know if you have any questions
Carrying on over conversations from TechEd, it will be good to get you in this list - let me follow up on that.
ASUG/ITEB SIG Chair
would be great to get more guys and SIGs from ASUG involved in our group. Best is that you directly contact Hans de Labije (email@example.com), since he is already in contact with other people from ASUG.
if you are DSAG member, I would recommend to post your question in the discussion forum of the user group Application Integration (www.dsag.de).
Regards, H. Himmelmann
To whom I should contact if I like to contribute in SAP PI best practices? Recently, I also publish a guide ( in company) on PI naming conventions and best practices. Hope we can make it general.
Is it possible that the invitation can be extended to SAP Mentors if the group believes that their suggestions can be of help?
today Michael Krawczyk and Daniel Graversen have been introduced to the regular conference call of our group.
I am a fellow mentor in the SAP PI space.
Hope you could extend the invite to me too if the wider audience accepts 🙂
I've agreed with Michal and Daniel that they forward the information from our global group to the other PI SAP mentors. Sorry that we have to restrict the number of participants. We try to limit the representatives of each group to 2 - 3. Otherwise our telephone conferences and face-to-face meetings would be too difficult to manage with this wide audience.
Where can we find the working papers? I'm particularly interested in:
Naming Conventions for PI
Best practice document about naming conventions and integration design for SAP NetWeaver PI (version 3.5 with updates for PI 7.31 released in March 2013)
the naming conventions for PI are available via the user group of which you or your company are official member. Best is to write an e-mail to the relevant contact person as listed in the section "Our members".
Any user group in Spain??
Thanks in advance
I am happy to be part of "International Focus Group" looking forward to do more to the IFG group & SCN community..
Any group based in NewZeland !
I am looking for it.
so far we haven't been in contact with the SAP user group in New Zealand. But that's indeed a good idea. We will try to get in contact with them and check whether they have a working or focus group which also covers PI/PO.
I'm looking for a group in Spain also
Thanks in advance
How to Participate and enroll from INDIA?