When I first started to think on how to apply agile to the SAP world, I started here at SDN (of course 😉 For the first time I got disappointed by SDN … There wasn’t much to find on agile nor scrum on SDN. I found 2 blogs, both a bit theoretical.
So I read a bit about the theory, read a bit that SAP was implementing scrum, but I couldn’t find HOW to implement scrum in an SAP project. And that was exactly what I was searching for. We were about to start doing scrum in our SOA SAP project (#cross2010 on Twitter). I decided to share our experiences, on SDN of course 😉
1,5 year later, we successfully delivered 3 projects and we just started the 4th one. Want to know how we did this? How we implemented scrum as project approach in an SOA SAP project? Please join me in session PMC236 at SAP TechEd Berlin on Wednesday October 13th, 12:15 p.m.–1:15 p.m., L6, Hall 4.
Daily scrum meeting, stand up (except for one 😉
Joined design, team effort.
Don’t expect a silver bullet for agile, there is none. I will share our experiences and give you some tips on how to start applying agile to your own SAP project.
And for you hungry readers there is a lot more to find on agile and SAP on SDN nowadays.
- How Lean, Agile and Scrum will shape your company of the future by Dagfinn Parnas
- SCRUM as example for new approaches in application development by Marcel Salein
- Agile Is A Journey by Michael Koch
- Agility, Non-Agility and Religious Beliefs by Tobias Trapp
- Is ASAP the best we can do now? by Vijay Vijayasankar
- Lazy developers hate agile and scrum discussion at #sapphirenow by Dagfinn Parnas and me. Take some time to go through the comments.
And on Twitter. First only some rare tweets, now growing and growing with a lot of new job openings.