Just two months ago I presented to SDN Community my open source project abap2xlsx – Generate your professional Excel spreadsheet from ABAP. With this blog I would like to announce you the release of xlsx2abap and abap2xlsx v2.0.
I’m very happy of the Community reaction to this project that gives me the power to quickly go on and extend my abap2xlsx and create the new xlsx2abap.
So coming to the project what’s new?
Let’s start with xlsx2abap our first release of Excel xlsx file reader, it is capable to load an xlsx file and convert it into an ABAP object ready to be edited. The ABAP object is the same used by abap2xlsx so now you can read à edit à save your Excel file from ABAP. Is really cool!!!!
This first release limits the data load only to data, styles and other stuff will be included in next releases.
Many improvements are also done to the original project abap2xlsx in order to fulfill the community requests:
- New automatic itab table binding, using the new Excel 2007 table style and field catalog
- Cell horizontal alignment (center, normal, left, right)
- Column merge
- Column and row size
- Column and row hiding
- Support to different data type formatting (string, number, date and time)
- OXML output compliant
- Fix minor bugs and code improvements
And what’s next?
We are working hard in order to move our project into the new SDN Code Exchange (Public availability of Code Exchange for SAP TechEd 2010).
Currently we are looking for the next features to include in the next release such as:
- Worksheet, Sheet and Cell protection
- More style options (i.e. Rotation, Vertical alignment)
- Sheet printing settings
- Page layout settings
- Pivot tables
- Freezing panes
- Locking columns and rows for scrolling
- Read styles from an input file
A survey is active on this Wave https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+M57bGePbA, your opinion is really appreciated.
- abap2xlsx – Generate your professional Excel spreadsheet from ABAP
- abap2xlsx – I’m no longer a baby, I grow up and now I’m a fully featured tool by Ivan Femia
- abap2xlsx team has a present for you… by Ivan Femia
- Simple ABAP Clone Hunter