Congratulations to the current Topic Leaders (2009-2010)
Following my Former SCN “Top Contributors” now SCN “Topic Leaders” announcing a couple of changes around the formerly known Top Contributor program, I wanted to share with you the list of the current Topic Leaders, those who led contributions in the period August 1, 2009 – July 31, 2010.
There are 43 categories on SCN and these Topic Leaders are the three leading contributors per category who contributed via forum posts and wiki edits, who wrote blogs and submitted articles as well as media content in these categories.
Thank you to all these 129 community members for their valuable contributions to SCN. Keep up the good work until the end of 2010 and you will get to enjoy the title of 2010 Topic Leaders (additional visibility with a badge, stories on SCN, and more to come as I evaluate the opportunities).
My apologies for the delay in publishing this list. After some investigation with the SCN Moderators (thank you for your help!), we had to delete the accounts of two leading contributors in two different categories since they didn’t respect the SCN rules of engagement. I am the first to regret this negative impact that the “contest” can have on some members of the community.
Without further ado, here is the list! I hope to see many of these Topic Leaders at TechEd soon!
The names link to the business card where you can see the latest contributions of these members in the “Community” tab.
Business Information Warehouse:
Business Process Expert:
Business Process Management:
Crystal Reports and Xcelsius:
Customer Relationship Management:
Databases and OS Platforms:
Enterprise Resource Planning:
Human Resource Management:
Logistics Material Management:
|Manohar Raju Kanchanpallyhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/bc?u=oxcsijhkgwg%3d|
Master Data Management:
Product Lifecycle Management:
SAP NetWeaver Application Server:
SAP NetWeaver Platform:
SAP Solution Manager:
Sales and Distribution:
Supplier Relationship Management:
Supply Chain Management:
Who are the people behind these names?
This is a long list and I hope you’re still reading! To make this blog more personal, I sat back and started thinking about the people behind these names. Who are they? I never had the opportunity to interact with some of you, so hopefully you will understand if you are not mentioned below.
– Ingo Hilgefort is a respected SAP Mentor and SAP colleague, an SAP BusinessObjects expert.
– GordonDu is a legend with over 38,000 lifetime points as I write this blog (get to know him in the CommunityPROFILES – Introducing Gordon Du, SCN Topic Leader that Jason Cao did with him)
– Jon Reed is another respected SAP Mentor, part of the C5 (The Certification Five: Dennis Howlett, Leonardo de Araujo, Martin Gillet, Michael Koch and Jon Reed). Jon likes to make videos and he’s good at it 😉
– Ecommerce Developer – mmh, I wish I knew who is hiding behind this alias… And I know I’m not the only one!
– Michal_Krawczyk is an SAP Mentor, he’s been shortlisted in the Exchange Infrastructure category several times already. Congrats!
– Craig Cmehil and Marilyn Pratt: who doesn’t know these community advocates?
– Dilek Ersoz Adak: Dilek lives in Turkey, and she is (co?)organizing the first ever Inside Track in Istanbul this year. How exciting! I remember that I also watched her outstanding SCN My Way video earlier this summer.
– Kevin Benedict is another well-known SAP Mentor. I know he likes to blog about Mobility and was recently very enthusiastic about the Sybase acquisition 😉
– Henrique Pinto is a fellow SAP colleague who works out of the Sao Paulo office, and is also a Moderator on SCN. I sometimes reach out to him for advice as I value his opinion very much.
– Juan Reyes is another dedicated SCN Moderator. He has traveled quite a bit in his life and currently lives in Ireland.
– Lakshmipathi is an SCN Moderator that I noticed several times already. Keep up the good work in the forums Lakshmipathi!
– Harald Boeing is an SCN Member who doesn’t like points nor badges. I hope, however, that he will find it rewarding to see his name on the list 😉 Harald: thank you for the valuable – yet challenging – feedback. We’re listening.
– Julius Bussche needs no introduction, he is a very dedicated SCN Moderator, is present in many forums and if he were to wear a “real” badge, it would be a Sheriff badge!
– Jim Spath, well-known SAP Mentor and ASUG member, part of the BITI Group (Business Integration Technology and Infrastructure). A mentor in the literal sense.
– Otto Gold has been more and more present this year on SCN, he is a prolific writer, an ally for for the beginners in the SAP world, a motivated fellow member of the community who wants to change things.
– Jeremy Good is a fellow SAP colleague and SCN Moderator, though I’ve never had the chance to interact with him yet.
– Bob LoBue is responsible for the University Alliances Community.
– Thomas Jung needs no introduction, he is the ultimate ABAP Guru!
thanks a lot for your personal words! It was indeed a nice gesture to take the time to type these messages. Much appreciated.
I'm really happy to say that it might be the last time I am a top contributor in the Portuguese topic. Not that I'm participating less, I'm actually as active as I was last year. However, the increase in participation of the Brazilian and Portuguese communities in these forums has been astonishing, and it is very likely that some other community members will hold the title of top contributor next year.
I hope that happens, at least. It will mean that we have achieved what we had aimed at, when we first though of having a language specific forum, and that the forums no longer depend on SAP employees participation to have content. It will mean that the Portuguese community is being maintained by the community itself.
Thanks for the list .
Will SAP Community Network honoring the TOP LEADERS by providing FREE TICKET TO TECHED in the respective region?
Can SCN bear the little cost 18000 INR (400 USD) We all aware SAP is ruling the world and one of the richest , growing product company in the world.
Do you have any updates on TECHED free ticket from SCN -COMMUNITY NETWORK gift to all 43 category top leaders.
Appreciate your help on this.
No unfortunately a free TechEd pass is not something we can offer to our 129 Topic Leaders. And as greg misiorek explains below, the cost of a TechEd pass is higher in other regions.
It is my suggestion.
If you offer the same , it definetly honour us.
so more competetion builds up.
it is concern from my side.
129 TOP leaders among 2 Million SDN users.
so SAP has to encourage the top leaders atleast by giving free tickets to top contributors.
SAP has to take some initiatives. all 129 top leaders are indeed keep alive SDN 24x7 .
Every TECHED is SAP FUNCTION ONCE IN A YEAR FOR EACH SAP CONSULTANT.
I would say it is not a big thing for SAP to sponsor the free ticket.
I will continue to give my best in the solution in the years to come.
It is nice to hear your story and to "officially" meet you here.
Keep up the good work,
Will SDN sponsor atleast Shanghai or Bangalore TECHED 2010 free ticket to 2010 as a pilot initiative for TOP contributors ?
No unfortunately there is no plan to run such a pilot this year for just one region. Personally, I'm wondering what the other Topic Leaders would think if we just ran a pilot for another region, let's say APJ...
Learnt that SDN Top leaders will not get monetory benifit from SDN.
We received only platinum icon.
SDN has stopped everything like T-SHIRT...top contributors etc.
nothing we get benifited from SDN .
eventually final request.
Can you arrange a get MERIT OF CERTIFICATE for Top contributors 2010 .
It may not cost SDN much.It indeed helps every one to add feather in every one profiles.
I believe SDN accepts cost-effective and good suggestion.
We would realy appreciate your efforts.
Yes that's planned. A certificate will be sent to the 2010 Topic Leaders at the end of the year / beginning of 2011.
And yes we accept all suggestions 🙂 some are easier to realize than others but we do listen to what you have to say.
I end up here. i swear i will not discuss furhter on this.
As per your last Blog (Former SCN "Top Contributors" now SCN "Topic Leaders") the timelines were extended to Year end 2010 for topic Leader to be decided.
So will the current list be modified at the year end and you will publish the same or is it that there is change again to this?
Correct, I will publish another list later to include points until the end of 2010 and recognize efforts until year end.
Topic Leaders 2010!
Good to see the replys from Laure for various questions/comments.
Surendra Kumar Reddy. Koduru.
SAP - BI/BO Lead.
I sincerely hope the Topic Leaders get recognised within their current organisation (unless freelance) and get to attend TechEd.
just we want some Community RECOGNITION from SDN.
Thanks for supporting us.
What a wonderful blog and wonderful comments for me! Thank you for honoring us this way! 🙂
Is there any plan for sending an appreciation certificate from SAP to the topic leaders.
You must have received it now. If this is not the case, you can contact me per email, you can find my email address in my business card.
Was busy in projects....checked this now....
This really good news to me that I'm the one of the members in the list...Happy to see that..
Thanks SCN and congrats to all the other members...Keep rocking....