On the fence about attending the 2010 SAP BusinessObjects User Conference? Here’s my two (or five) cents…
In today’s economy, more and more firms are tightening their training, conferencing and travel budgets. If you need a few quick bullet points to try and enhance your justification request, try these:
- This is the premier SAP BusinessObjects event of the year. While TechEd does have a lot of BOBJ content, this entire conference is dedicated to BOBJ. Whatever your concentration, there is a track for you.
- You can attend sessions NOT solely dedicated to your day to day work. Develop universes for a living, but have been asked a lot of dashboarding questions by your users? Then head to a few of the Xcelsius tracks and bring home some extra knowledge!
- Is your management concerned that a conference setting is too generic for true learning? Tell them that there are 134 separate, detailed sessions over 20 hours. On BOBJ and only BOBJ.
- Networking, networking, networking. Do you have questions that you want answers to? Do you want to get them answered by experienced BOBJ folks? Then the SAP BusinessObjects User Conference (SBOUC) is for you. Plus, you might even get to meet some of those ‘Xcelsius Gurus’ that you read about on the internets!
- Want to meet with other like-minded BOBJ Only folks? Once again, I’m pretty sure that a good portion of them will be in Orlando! Not that you don’t love SAP, but there are times when talking to other folks who don’t have a lick of SAP in house (except for the logo when you launch WebI) just seems like a good idea…
On a serious note, this year’s conference session agenda is loaded with timely topics and expert presenters that makes the investment a wise business choice. If getting ‘bang for your buck’ is a priority, then the SBOC should be at the top of that list.
Now, if you can’t make it to Florida or are closer to the ‘left’ coast, Tammy Powlus posted a great blog on the BOBJ topics at this year’s SAP TechEd in Las Vegas.
Hope to see you at Disney in October!!