To get starting you must know what does the magic. Adobe Labs has started Adobe AIR® Packager for iPhone that offers the technical capability to have ActionScript 3 projects run as native applications for the iPhone 3.0 OS.
Adobe AIR® Packager for iPhone accelerates Flash conversion to Apple format (ipa). The ‘.ipa file extension stands for ‘iPhone/iPod Touch Application’ and is essentially a compressed data archive that is readable only by Apple devices.
Step 1 – Downloading the Adobe AIR® Packager for iPhone
Step 2 – Extract Adobe AIR® Packager for iPhone1.
Use a Winrar or similar utility to extract all files to a folder (eg: C:\ipa)
Step 3 – Register as Apple Developer
To be able convert any Adobe Flash application you must have a digital certificate provided by iPhone Dev Center website (http://developer.apple.com/iphone/). There you can do the following:
- Apply to become an iPhone developer.
- Manage and create iPhone development certificates, provisioning profiles and app IDs (which are defined below).
- Submit applications for the App Store.
By the way, you can go ahead on 2 ways:
- Register as regular Apple Developer (for iPhone Program costs US$ 99,00/year)
- Use a digital certificate file from a colleague (share the investment)
iPhone development certificate: used to identify a developer for the purpose of developing applications. You obtain this file from Apple once you are registered as an developer. Later you convert this certificate to a P12 certificate file to sign the iPhone application you create using ActionScript 3.0.