Skip to Content

Background

Because of a merger between our company and another company the SAP systems that resided in both companies were going to be merged. The servers, that the SAP applications are running on, were also to be moved and as a consequence our NWDI system was affected.

Problem 

After the move of our NWDI system an error occured in both the NWDS and the NWDI environment. Both the errors were related to communication with the NWDI. 

Error in NWDS when trying to release an activity (Development configuration perspective):

 

 

Also when trying to import an activity, in the NWDI/CMS, we got an unexpected error. 

At first we couldn’t really see the connection between the errors but after some investigation we could see that both the errors pointed out an authentication problem. The last screenshot in the NWDI/CMS/landscape configurator helped us to identify that the service user NWDI_CMSADM either had a new password defined or that it was locked.  

Error in the NWDI when trying to update the information, such as software component definitions, in CMS from the SLD:

Solution 

With the help of basis expertise we identified it to be the service user that was locked. After the user was unlocked we could both release activities from the NWDS and make our update in the CMS.

To report this post you need to login first.

Be the first to leave a comment

You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply