Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/instguidesssa) documentation for each version
- Master Guide – This document will provide an overview about the application, architecture, UI component and system landscape needed. Also introduction to data upload process and reporting
- Implementation Best Practices – This document helps in planning for SPM projects, defining roles and responsibilities, scoping questionnaire topics and implementation resource list
- Requirement scoping questionnaire – This excel file lists some of the common questions to be asked during early stages to identify the size and complexity of the project. Also the kind of questions to ask the business users to identify the gap of data in the data model, to map the business data / terms to application fields
- Data Collection guide – This document lists the different data types relevant in the application, definition of each data types like Invoice, Purchase Order, Contracts, etc. If using flat files to load data the naming convention recommendation. List of out of the box reports delivered in the application. Dependency between Out of the box reports and data delivered to the application
- Master data for Spend Performance Management – This excel file lists majority of master data and attributes of each of them along with the R/3 table and field that is feeding them using SPM extractor where available.
- Transaction data for Spend Performance Management – This excel file lists all of the transaction data types along with the fields that make up each of them, also providing the R/3 table and field that is feeding them using the SPM extractor where available
- Extractor configuration and troubleshooting guide – Lists the terms and terminologies used, steps involved in installing SPM extractor starter kit, configuring the extractor, scheduling or running extractors, extractor maintenance and enhancements. Document also lists helpful tips and tricks
- Installation and Configuration guide – This document list the steps involved in preparing a system for installation, installation checklist, dependencies during installation, detailed installation steps, application configuration post installation
- Upgrade Master guide – Overview of list of components involved during a upgrade both system landscape and application. On the application upgrade side overview of steps involved
- Operation guide or Problem Analysis guide – This document lists some of the common issues customer have faced during installation and configuration. Also has list of important OSS notes to refer to. Tools and location of logs and trace files used for problem analysis. Links to related documentation on BW side for transport or change management, notes implementation, message handover and other guides
- Reporting on Unclassified data – This document explains the process used to allow business users to report on a combination of ‘Cleansed’ and ‘Un-cleansed’ data in the application as the data load cycles for each do not match
- Briefing Book Viewer – This is the Offline Briefing Book Viewer tool that is needed to view the .xml file that was exported from the SPM application
Note: By default only recent documents are displayed, to revel all the documents you need to click on the icon next to ‘Only recent documents shown’.
SAP Help Portal (http://help.sap.com -> Sap BusinessObjects -> EPM Solutions -> Spend Performance Management -> Sap BusinessObjects Spend Performance Management 2.1)
- Technical Guides and Best Practices Documents – This is a link to service marketplace site that lists all the above mentioned documentation
- Security Guide – List all the components involved in SPM and security around each of them
- Application Help – This site has documentation on the application capabilities around administration, configuration and reporting
- BI Content Documentation – This site has details on the SPM data model, listing all the Cubes, DSO, queries involved
- Release notes – This document lists Short descriptions of new features or changes since the previous release
Ramp-up Knowledge Transfer (http://service.sap.com/rkt-epm -> SAP BO Spend Perform Mgmt 2.1 -> Application and Technical Consultant)
This site has link to the education material for the application, also this site is valid when application is being shipped during ramp-up phase.