Partner Pinnacle Awards: Recognizing Partner Engagement in our Ecosystem & Communities
SAP Partner Pinnacle Awards
As you might know already, the SAP Pinnacle Awards are one way we recognize exceptional partners whose work throughout the year to further our mutual business goals through quality products, solutions, and services for our SAP customers. This global partner award program typically kicks off around Q1 of the year, with an exclusive award ceremony held a few months later at SAPPHIRE.
Join an Elite Group
Past award winners have included: Accenture, Deloitte, Satayam, IBM, Wipro, Tata Consultancy Services, Capgemini, Intelligroup, and many others who are demonstrating excellence in their field. Especially relevant to SAP Community Network is the “Communities” category.
At this past May’s SAPPHIRE NOW, we announced the winners of the 2010 SAP Pinnacle awards at an invitation-only event. In the “Communities” category, the finalists for “Communities Leader of the Year” were: Capgemini, Infosys, and Intelligroup. Though it might be anticlimactic at this point, I’d like to recognize the 2010 “Communities Leader of the Year.” And the Pinnacle Award went to… (drumroll please)… Capgemini!
For 2011, the Partner Pinnacle Award program is being refreshed. However, for now, the Communities category retains “Communities Leader of the Year,” with similar criteria:
Strong participation across SAP Community Network. This includes:
- Participation and engagement, as measured by overall community points, and individual points – such as the number of Active Contributors (people with >250 annual points in calendar year 2010)
- Consistent level of participation throughout the year (versus seasonal or sporadic spikes of activity)
- Demonstrated leadership, such as moderators and SAP Mentors involved in shaping and cultivating a healthy SAP community of customers, partners, and others
Demonstrated commitment to quality and value of contribution (in addition to quantity of activity)
- Proactively setting a positive example for ethical, responsible behavior
- Responsiveness towards resolving negative behavior (to prevent or halt point gaming or hunting, copyright violations, certification test answer swapping and other “bad” behavior that can sometimes crop up …)
Involvement on SAP EcoHub
- Offerings, presence, and campaigns on SAP EcoHub. For example, participation in the referral program, or pairing SI services with ISV solutions and content offers. (Learn more about partner opportunities)
- Ratings and reviews or other activity demonstrating engagement on the SAP EcoHub community-driven online enterprise-class app store for SAP and SAP partner solutions and services
Participation in SAP TechEd and other SAP events
- Attendance at an individual level and at a company level at events like SAP TechEd
- Sponsorship or other official roles at a company level of such important SAP events
- Noteworthy content, presentations, individuals’ engagement in the event content itself – in the lecture sessions, hands-on demo’s, hacker night, insight night, process slam, DemoJam, and so on
Strategic commitment and thought leadership
- Strategic commitment (plans, execution) to building / expanding / growing the SAP community
- Thought leadership relevant to SCN – such as keynotes, speaker sessions, whitepapers, blogs, books, roundtables, etc.
- Presenting at / hosting webinars, presentations, conferences, etc. – with an SCN community component
- Participation in key projects & strategic topic areas, such as Code Exchange, Idea Place, product / feature / app launches, Career Center, etc.
We hope that most of these activities are ones that you and your company are doing anyway. But if you needed an extra nudge to re-engage with SCN or SAP EcoHub, register to attend SAP TechEd, sign up to be an exhibitor, become a leader – the Pinnacle Award criteria can serve as a reminder of all the opportunities available to showcase your leadership and share your expertise.
I hope to see your company among the finalists and on stage at next year’s SAP Partner Pinnacle Awards!