What is Test Environment for Mailers (TEM)?
Test Environment for Mailers (TEM) is for mailers wishing to go into production with eDoc OR Full-Service. Please note this is not a software certification like PAVE or ZAP. PostalOne! has made this requirement for eDoc and Full-Service to make sure before starting in production mailers have all the necessary information like Mailer ID (MID), Customer Registration ID (CRID), Permit Number, Publication Number etc and are able to update, cancel, delete their jobs correctly. Basically Mailers, Preparers, and Agents are expected to test messages they will use in the Production environment and get familiar with it. We here at SAP have been regularly testing every release of PostalOne! for TEM and been actively involved with successful FSS testing for TEM.
Mailers can participate in eDoc with or without Intelligent Mail services. eDoc is optional for the Intelligent Mail Basic option but is required for Intelligent Mail Full-Service. If you are a Basic service mailer and are just moving from POSTNET barcodes to Intelligent Mail barcodes on letter and flat mailpieces, no TEM testing is required for you.
Couple of things you will need before you can start
- You must be registered Business Customer Gateway users, with a business account. If you don’t please go to https://gateway.usps.com/bcg/login.htm
- Please make sure you have all the Intelligent Mail Barcode requirement.
For more details on scenarios to be tested please look at http://ribbs.usps.gov/intelligentmail_gateway/documents/tech_guides/TEMCHECKLIST.pdf
As always if you have any questions please contact one of our support member. Below are the steps to create a message for support….
1. Go to http://service.sap.com/bosap-support.
2. Click on “Create a message / Contact technical support”.
3. Under System Search, click the drop down arrow next to your installation and choose your system, and click Search and then click on the BOB link.
4. When creating a SAP message it is required to search for Notes. (Knowledge Base articles) to see if you can find an answer to your question without having to log the message for support. In the Search Terms area, type your question and click Continue.
5. If you do not see any Notes pertaining to your question click on Create Message.
6. Choose the correct Component for the product you are creating the message for. The component is the support Q that your call will go into so the correct team can assist you. To do this click on the icon next to the icon next to the Component window to see a drop down list.
7. Click the arrow by BOJ-EIM to see a more detailed list. By each component the names of the “products” you are using are listed. Choosing the correct component will get your Message logged for the correct support team.
a. BOJ-EIM-COR is used for ACE, DataRight IQ, Match/Consolidate, IACE, and FirstPrep products.
b. BOJ-EIM-COM is used for DeskTop Mailer, Business Edition, Presort, PrintForm, Label Studio
c. BOJ-EIM-DEP is used for DQXI, Data Insight, eDQ Infa, SAP Siebel, PSFT, Oracle, Rapid Library
8. After choosing the component, fill in any remaining required/optional items. **Required fields under Problem Details are flagged with a red asterisk.
- In the Short Text box, enter a brief description of the question or issue.
- In the Long Text box, you can go into further detail about what you are seeing or questioning.
• click Send Message.