As part of the BI Expert teams for the “Dear aBI” gives advice on Business Intelligence, here my first set of answers to some of the questions that have been put forward.
Dear BI Experts,
I am a SAP BI consultant. Recently I stumbled upon one requirement in which we need to store data in SAP BI cubes and need to use Business Object as the reporting tool. Essentially customer wants to get rid of Business Explorer. I would like to know about the integration of SAP BI cubes with Business Objects.
First of all it is important to understand the portfolio from SAP BusinessObjects in regards to the different set of BI Client tools, which you can find here with some guidance on which tool should be used when.
After you decided which tool is the correct to based on your requirements you can start using the SAP BusinessObjects software and connect the SAP BusinessObjects client tools to the data stored in your SAP NetWeaver BW system, and the listed information below shows you how you can connect the differrent tools to your SAP NetWeaver BW system:
- BusinessObjects and SAP Part 2
- BusinessObjects and SAP Part 5
- Using Xcelsius with SAP NetWeaver BW via Live Office (BusinessObjects and SAP Part 1 of 4 – Creating a Xcelsius Dashboard on top of SAP BI, BusinessObjects and SAP Part 2 of 4 – Creating a Xcelsius Dashboard on top of SAP BI, BusinessObjects and SAP Part 3 of 4 – Creating a Xcelsius Dashboard on top of SAP BI, BusinessObjects and SAP Part 4 of 4 – Creating a Xcelsius Dashboard on top of SAP BI)
- Using Xcelsius directly against SAP NetWeaver BW (Xcelsius 2008 Service Pack 02 and SAP NetWeaver BW, Xcelsius 2008 and SAP NetWeaver BW – Details)
- Using SAP BusinessObjects Explorer with SAP NetWeaver BW
In addition I would recommend to make yourself familiar with some best practices material and some examples of end to end workflows:
- Getting Started with SAP BusinessObjects BI for SAP landscapes
- Software Downloads
- BusinessObjects Integration with SAP NetWeaver BI – Technical Material
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Solution Architecture
- Best Practices for SAP BW with Web Intelligence
In addition to the material to get you started on the integration I would like to highlight that the successor for SAP BusinessExplorer is the upcoming product Advanced Analaysis and you can find further details about Advanced Analysis here
With that I hope I answered your question and I am looking forward to more questions from the community. For further details on how to submit your questions to the BI Experts take a look at the wiki pages.