Pictures and Videos from the Eclipse DemoCamp in Walldorf
Last week, we had the second Eclipse DemoCamp at the SAP headquarters in Walldorf, and according to the feedback we received so far, the attendees enjoyed the demos and the happy hour. Here are a few quotes from Twitter:
“good attendance at #democampwalldorf – I guess 150+ people. Ekke talks about # redview” (Ralph Mueller)
“back from the #democampwalldorf – great event, great BBQ and lots of interesting people” (Benjamin Muskalla)
“Cool demo of #Riena 2.0: create navigation structure with assembly editor, generate views, controllers, bindings from it.” (Natalia Ossipova)
The pictures from the event also give an impression of how the event went. In addition to photos that Jutta Bindewald, Christel Rueger and I took, I also used my Flip UltraHD camera to record the demos. The image quality of the original .MP4 files is pretty good. Unfortunately, the Flip UltraHD does not allow to connect an external microphone / audio source, so that the audio could be better.
However, the bigger issue were the new, additional batteries that I bought just a few days before the event, as the Flip UltraHD does not work with a connected USB / power cable. Unfortunately the new rechargeable batteries (or the charger I used) did not work as expected. Therefore, I unexpectedly and very suddenly ran out of power during the demo by Steve Powell. I then juggled between different batteries, so that I still was able to record most demos, except the last two. I’m very sorry!
Anyway, the video recordings of the welcome speeches and the various demos can be found here:
- Bjoern Goerke – SVP Technology & Innovation Platform Core, SAP AG – Welcome Speech
- Ralph Mueller – Director Eclipse Foundation EMEA, Eclipse Foundation – Welcome Speech
- ekke (Ekkehard Gentz) – Independent Software Architect – Modeling meets Runtime redView (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Jochen Hiller – Deutsche Telekom – Developing an Android application (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Michael Wenz – Graphiti (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Benjamin Muskalla – EclipseSource – e4, the future of Eclipse (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Matthias Sohn – SAP AG – EGit (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Steve Powell – VMware – Virgo (Videos: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
- Andreas Voigt – MicroDoc GmbH – Project-Review: Migration of 4th GL applications with Eclipse (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Christian Campo – compeople AG – Riena 2.0 (Videos: Part 1, Part 2)
- Alexej Spas – instinctools GmbH – Documenting Eclipse applications using Single Source approach (Videos: no recording due to battery issues)
- Jan Sievers – SAP AG – Building eclipse applications with Maven Tycho (Videos: no recording due to battery issues)
Thanks a lot to all the presenters and the attendees who turned this year’s Eclipse DemoCamp into another success!
BTW, SAP also helped to organize an Eclipse DemoCamp in Sofia this year, which according to the feedback from the audience was interesting and fun as well.