Update: The nomination has been extended to this Friday 16th of July!
The elevator pitch for SAP Mentors goes like this:
SAP Mentors are the top community influencers of the SAP Ecosystem. Most mentors work for customers or partners of SAP. All of them are hands-on experts of an SAP product or service, as well as excellent champions for product roll-in and roll-out. They have been nominated by their peers on the basis of their passion for the community and their willingness to contribute and share as well as motivate others. See: http://sapmentors.sap.com.
Enterprise Geeks podcast taping at SAP TechEd 2009 in Phoneix. (Don’t recall anymore whether I shot this picture or not. Please let me know so I can attribute correctly.)
To be an SAP Mentor can be quite a commitment. We have 2 to 3 mentor webinars per week we form special teams around our area of expertise and passion. We develop SAP Inside Tracks in the location where we operate. If you know someone who is engaged on that kind of level and not an SAP Mentor yet, we would like to know.
A new SAP Mentor should combine most of the following 5 qualities:
- Hands-on expert in an SAP product or service.
- Collaborative attitude someone who puts the community development before their own.
- Good communicator for roll-in and roll-out activities.
- Interested in improving products and services of SAP as well as the relationship of SAP with its customers, partners and prospects.
- Proactive, someone who is self motivated and thinks about: What can I do to make the biggest impact for the larger SAP community and acts and implements that.
SAP Mentors engaged with Marge Breya during SAPPIRENOW 2010 in Orlando. Picture by Marilyn Pratt.
SAP Mentors are an amazing group of bright engaged passionate SAP professionals and it is an amazing privilege to be part of and create things with them, but it is also a takes time and effort.
If you know someone who should be an SAP Mentor and who is willing to engage, please nominate them to become one: http://bit.ly/9LJIhM
Update: This link is open until Friday in a week the 13th of July. I can’t wait to announce the new ones in mid September and welcome most of them at SAP TechEd in the fall.