When Rich Heilman tweeted an invitation to join other community members for a Philly Inside track it was in the form of a poll: http://twitter.com/RichHeilman/status/10386813711
Rock stars from all over the globe immediately signed up to participate. (you won’t believe the list 🙂 )http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/events/SAP+Inside+Track+Newtown+Square+2010
And some, while mourning the fact that they could not come to Philly, went and created their own events: http://twitter.com/tbroek/status/15329663061
The folks in Bangalore have described it like this:
“SAP Inside Track 2010 in Bangalore, India
This is the first ever SAP Inside Track Event in India.
The Community Day Event is back in its new avatar as SAP Inside Track. This is the first ever SAP Inside Track Event being planned in India and Bangalore is the natural choice. Community Members this is your chance to present, share and brainstorm ideas, network with other like-minded people in an informal atmosphere. If you have been to Community Day Events then surely you would not like to miss the SAP Inside Track Event.”
(actually it isn’t the first time an SAP community event has been created independently in India as back in 2008 the SDN community in Mumbai and a barcamp group in Bangalore declared events : http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/events/Archive+of+Events
But looking quickly at these community events internationally, I am struck by the commitment to create “community days” around the globe that are truly community days: for the people, by the people.
Here are the upcoming ones:
Community Organized Events
- SAP Inside Track Bangalore 2010 – Saturday August 14th 2010 (tbc) (Location to be confirmed)
- SAP Inside Track London, UK 2010 – Sat, June 19th, 2010 – IBM Southbank.
- SAP Inside Track Newtown Square(Philadelphia) 2010 – June 25th, 2010
- SAP Inside Track Vancouver, Canada – SAP Vancouver office – Aug-Sept, 2010 (date to be confirmed)
- SAP Inside Track Netherlands 2010 – November 20th, 2010 (Location to be determined)
- SAP Inside Track Frankfurt am Main (FRA) – February, 2011 (tbc)
I’m very vested in seeing Rich’s event in NSQ (Philly) reach as many folks as possible and “hit it out of the park” in terms of success, active attendance, and engagement.
Why? Because HE is.