Closing the loop with Enterprise Architecture Best Practice Survey An upcoming ASUG Survey
The best practice survey for Enterprise Architecture practices enables leaders and managers to assess critical disciplines that are key indicators of the overall maturity of the EA organization. It provides feedback to the organizations to assess where they are in comparison to their peers and industry at large.
- The survey will provide a summary-level set of characteristics that an organization should ascribe to as it matures.
- The Survey will be available to take periodically and re-assess the performance. High-performing EA organizations should regularly conduct reassessment to track progress and pinpoint changes in effectiveness.
- The assessment will focus on the maturity in seven major EA categories and disciplines.
- Organizations of any size and industry can use this assessment with any IT environment, SAP and non-SAP both.
- Key respondents of this survey are heads of EA organization, Chief IT Architects and EA Directors.
EA Best Practice Survey Categories: the Enterprise Architecture Best Practice Survey assesses the maturity of activities/capabilities within the following seven major EA categories:
- IT Architecture Process: Framework, process, methodology and templates used for Enterprise Architecture.
- Architecture Development: Documented products, architecture, strategy, vision, standards, principles, migration strategies and specifications.
- Business-IT Alignment: Aligning business vision, strategies, drivers and goals with IT vision and architecture.
- Stakeholder Involvement: Support of the EA program throughout the organization including senior executives and stakeholders.
- Architecture Communication: Education and distribution of EA artifacts including architecture specifications, standards, principles and guidelines.
- EA Organization, People and Skills : HR management practices, staffing, skills and sourcing
- Architecture Governance: Direct or guide architecture practice ensuring that organizational performance aligns with the strategic intent of EA practices.
Timeline we are following an aggressive timeline to release the best practice survey no later than Q3 2010:
- internal approval of the Survey: May 24
- Customer Pilot phase from May 25th to June 30th
- General Availability Q3
If you are interested in participating and providing feedback to the survey, feel free to contact email@example.com