This was the first time for me to attend an Inside Track event. It was an amazing experience for me to see the local community come alive and be able to spend some time with our SAP Mentors.
The night before the event Mark Finnern took Martin Lang and I under a bridge for our musical intro rehearsal. Just imagine a three man marching band under an over pass playing to the tune of a slightly modified version of One Step Beyond, by Madness. I’m still humming to the tune, one to definitely remember.
We had twelve great sessions with a Keynote by Marge Breya, executive vice president and general manager of the Solutions Group at SAP AG.
Here is a list of all the sessions:
- Experience Oriented Architecture by Matthias Zeller, Adobe.
- Meeting Business Expectations in BI by Hari Guleria, HCL-AXON.
- Enterprise Compensation Management by Tom Nguyen, Independent.
- FPM in Web Dynpro ABAP by Harald Reiter, SSIP.
- Leveraging Analysis Authorizations to build a scalable BW security Model by Gokul Muthuswamy, Smart Modular Technologies.
- New Mobility Models, Convergence and Augmented Reality on Mobile Devices by Kevin Benedict, Netcentric Strategies
- SAP runs SAP by Martin Lang, SAP.
- SAP Infocube Optimization by Hari Guleria, HCL-AXON.
- Sustainability, SAP, and the SAP Community Network by Jeremiah Stone, SAP.
- Enterprise Portal 2.0 by Harald Reiter, SSIP.
- Consumption Strategy by Kaj van de Loo and team, SAP.
- Behind the Scenes of Best-Built Applications Guidelines by Joerg Nalik, SAP
The day ended with our executive panel discussion followed by a great evening reception with food and drinks. The virtual attendees were still in deep conversation for quite some time after our panel discussion had ended.
Laure Cetin, and Brian Bernard were kind enough to take photos throughout the event and you may find them here.
A special thanks to everyone who volunteered to make this happen, Natashca Thomson for recording our lovely musical intro, Michael Sims, Erica Morales, Martin Lang, Laure Cetin for hosting the sessions, Brian Bernard for the amazing pictures he took during the event, and Mark Finnern for allowing me the opportunity to drive this event.
A big thank you goes out to: Peggy Scott and her team who provided general SAP Labs support with name tags and all the other requests that we had, as well as Jerry Kirkpatrick for providing IT Support. All the catering and room setup was amazing.
I would also like to thank all the speakers who presented.
If you’re interested in receiving invitations to the next SAP Inside track, make sure to mark the “I am interested in additional information” during your SAP TechEd registration and if you live in the west coast, you will receive an e-mail invitation to our event for next year.
Thank you all for making this an amazing event.
Looking forward to seeing you at the next SAP Inside Track.