Clarification on Client GWI Installation requirement
The current version of group 8.XXX will need the following installation requirement. For detail documentation please see note 1428670.
– Microsoft Dot Net framework minimum 2.0 . Also a mention of the higher versions of compatible Dot Net versions is required.
– Microsoft Interop Assemblies – separate versions for Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003
You can download and install the required interoperability from following location:
Outlook 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/328912
Use version 11.
Outlook 2007: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=59daebaa-bed4-4282-a28c-b864d8bfa513&displaylang=en
Use version 12.
After installation, you must check that the MICROSOFT Office primary interop assemblies (PIA) in Outlook are in the location C:\WINDOWS\assembly.
– CDO ( Collaboration data objects ) 1.2.1 . This isn’t require for outlook 2003 . However it needs to be activated in Outlook 2003
– SAP CRM Mobile Sales must be completely removed before the installation can be started
– TO initially populate the URL the SAP CRM calendar options window must be initiated from the CRM Web UI.
– Initiate the first synchronization from SAP CRM
– Pre-requisite for most of the actions mentioned above is to keep Outlook closed.
– A note by Microsoft KB908002 should be implemented.
As all requirements are quite straight forward, however last one is bit tricky. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908002)
This main aim of this requirement is to install extensibility dll into GAC, unfortunately extensiblilty.dll is a non distributable component, hence end user has to do by itself.
Following are the ways :
1. Use the above microsoft note if you have VS2005, this installation will give extensibility.msi, which can be installed in each user through SMS(software management services).
2. This require many manual steps.
First download extensibility.dll from internet, make sure it should be some trusted side.
Second use GACUTIL.EXE(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ex0ss12c(VS.80).aspx) to install it in gacutil.
You can see the extensibility dll in “c:\WinDOWS\assembly”