Tips for Submitting Your Abstract for ASUG Technology Sessions at TechEd… Call for Proposals is now open!
Click here to propose a session. Please note that you do not need to be an ASUG member to submit a presentation. All SAP customers are welcome to apply.
For general conference information, visit www.sapteched.com/usa/.
How to Impress the ASUG Technology Sessions at TechEd Design Selection team:
- Start with a clever title: one that will entice your audience (12 words or less)
- Cover what you’ll be discussing thoroughly, but concisely.
- Suggest including at least 3 key learning points, or primary goals.
- Make sure to state if you expect your audience to have some minimum level of experience or knowledge – what are the prerequisites?
- Ensure that your session will include robust technical content – how to guides, tips, and case studies
Benefits to you:
- Professional recognition by your industry and peers
- You will be eligible to receive SAP Community Network (SCN) contribution points for speaking.
- Complimentary registration to the SAP’s premier technical event of the year, SAP TechED
- *Cool* TechED shirt you can wear around the conference
Below are some sample abstracts:
EXAMPLE Abstract #1
1. Receive an overview of all reporting tools available in SAP NetWeaver
2. Learn how to select the appropriate business intelligence tools for an organization
3. Explore options for early adaption of SAP BusinessObjects tools
Whether attendees are new to the SAP NetWeaver™ Business Warehouse (SAP NetWeaver BW) component or are updating their current system, this session helps attendees take advantage of the latest reporting, analysis, and dashboard functionalities of SAP NetWeaver BW. Gain an understanding of the capabilities and requirements of new or updated reporting and analytic tools in SAP NetWeaver BW, including analysis process designer (APD), the SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer (VC) tool, web application designer (WAD), report designer (RD), Web publishing Java server pages (JSP), and BEx query designer. This session explores the benefits and trade-offs of these existing tools and shows how they can be used independently or collectively. Also, attendees will view a demo of SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer and learn about the new features of the many SAP BusinessObjects tools. Attendees may take home a decision matrix for deciding which tools to use and when to use them.
EXAMPLE Abstract #2
Next Generation: ABAP Performance and Trace Analysis
Become an expert in using the new enhanced features of ABAP Trace and Runtime Analysis tools. Learn when you should use which of the many new tools and how to handle them. Highlights of this session include: customizing the different settings for your special requirements, introduction to the different tools, navigation between the different tools, limiting the Trace Output, restricting the analysis to software layers, personalizing the most efficient views, finding memory leaks, detecting runtime squanderers, mapping of detailed program flows, and much more useful information.
After last year’s TechED, I received a few e-mails stating how much people enjoyed the ASUG sessions at TechEd. The real-life lessons learned are invaluable.
Speaking for myself, I attended my first TechED a few years ago, where I learned about Federating a Portal, problems getting Solution Manager installed, and real-time data acquisition in BW — all from ASUG sessions. You have a story to tell: share your story today!