So how do you rate collaboration on SDN in the present form?On the scale of 1-5, I personally would not rate it more than 3. It is a huge community and still growing and I am proud to be part of it.
But I found it pretty impersonal than facebook / linkedin etc. which could be considered benchmark in collaboration. Few of the reasons are –
- Compare with the best collaborative platforms like facebook, Orkut or even gmail, SDN offers so much less.
- Though I can select my favourite users but I can only follow their activity rather than interacting with them.
- May be we could make sub-groups and start having more in-depth discussions on common interests (on SAP solutions may be sometime outside of this).
- Most of the collaboration or communication is passive and it could be almost real-time but never real-time. What I mean by this is near real-time is when I am raising a query on my forum some online expert immediately replies to that.
- I wish if one of the experts is online then I could chat with him and discuss my problem rather than waiting a response from him and the responding. We all know how difficult sometime this waiting is.
- May be I could start a discussion (more generic than one raised in forums) and invite people to join in. To start with may be these could be initiated by SAP.
- And may be we could develop new solution or at least influence a few solutions by more collaboration.
- SDN so far have been a platform to discuss / solve problems with the current solutions. I believe now it is matured enough to go to next level which is start participating / influencing solutions roadmaps.
Possibilities are un-ending but not non-reachable!!! Happy to hear from each one of you 🙂