SAPPHIRENOW & ASUG ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2010: Highlights on Enterprise Architecture Activities
For anyone who practices Architecture, there are many benefits to attending the 2010 Annual Conference. Whether you are already registered or haven’t yet decided if you’ll attend, this blog will provide you with some insight into the Enterprise Architecture focused activities taking place at the event. The ASUG Enterprise Architecture community leadership team and SAP point of contacts met in Atlanta, GA this January, to plan the educational content for the conference. Of the many great abstracts reviewed, we selected twenty great sessions and planned a full day preconference session. In addition to this we have a number of different influence sessions on SAP near – midterm technology strategy, scalability, etc. We are also hosting an Enterprise Architecture community lounge session to foster discussion and collaboration amongst SAP Enterprise Architects. Below are the highlights. You can review all the sessions available in the Agenda Builder.
Pre-Conference EA Seminar [Sunday May 16, 2010 8:30 am to 5:00 pm] – Theme: Did You Know? SAP Enterprise Architecture best practices, innovation, and value
This pre-conference seminar, featuring speakers from SAP, SAP customers, SAP Partners, and members of the ASUG Enterprise Architecture communities leadership team will address best practices and tools of the trade, with topics including: From Art to Discipline – The Transformation of Enterprise Architecture, Challenges with Enterprise Architecture for SAP Customers – What Matters Most Today?, Must-have Tools for the SAP Enterprise Architect “Right Tools for the Right Job”, Business (Process) Architecture Strategy to Execution, and Architecting an Enterprise Information Management Strategy – A Case Study.
The seminar will also cover innovation and value. Topics include: Seven Habits of Innovative Organizations; Ready or Not, Here it Comes – In-Memory, On-Demand, SaaS Cloud Architecture, Accelerating Collaboration: Riding the Wave, Connecting SAP at the Edges, and How Sustainability can Drive Innovation and Make a Difference in Our World.
Enterprise Architecture track sessions [Monday May 17, 2010 to Wednesday Many 19, 2010]
– How to enable BPM as an Enterprise-wide Discipline: Lessons Learned.
– Do you Assets Tweet? Connecting Edges to Core SAP
– The Role of the Solution Architect in a SAP Centric Enterprise
– Enterprise Modeling: From Conceptual Planning to Technical Blueprints and Build
– What You Need to Know About SAP’s Technology Portfolio: A Comprehensive Intro
– Enterprise Architecture driven ERP Simplification at Johnson & Johnson
– Process Management for the SAP Business Suite
– Leveraging Solution Manager’s Business Process Management Capabilities
– Standards-Based Interoperability between SAP NetWeaver ABAP and Microsoft .NET
– Modeling Business Services Using Examples from IT Service Management
– Value Based Management – a framework how to create, realize and measure value
– SAP Sizing and Architecture Planning Using Virtualization technologies
– Architecting Competitive Advantage with Sustainability
– Using a SOA Maturity Model to Deliver Business Benefits
– Ensure Business Continuity by Embracing Virtualization for Your SAP Environment
– Building Agile Business Processes with Business Rules
– Success implementation of Enterprise SOA at Grupo Modelo
– Real World BPM in SAP Environments
– EA Implementation – Deep Dive on Business and Application Architectures
– Technology Platform to Optimize Business Operations
– SAP’s near and Mid Term Technology Strategy – A highly interactive session with Kaj van de Loo (SVP Technology Strategy) and other SAP executives.
– Architecting for Scalability – An influence panel discussion to explore the scalability challenges and the SAP application constraints faced by very large corporations as they implement SAP.
– ERP Consolidation – SAP Standardization, Consolidation & Harmonization – Get insights into the upcoming developments at SAP around standardization, consolidation & harmonization (SHC) products and services. In the first part of the session, we will outline the development plans and road map. The second part is intended as an interactive discussion.
EA Community Meeting – ASUG Community Lounge [May 18th 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm EDT]
Join us at the ASUG communities lounge on the 18th of May from 12:30 – 1:30 PM on the show floor in the ASUG Community Lounge area for an exciting hour of discussion on “Enterprise Architecture in SAP Customer Organizations”. Your participation will help us understand the challenges that Enterprise Architects undergo in successfully aligning architecture strategy with implementation projects and their demands. This will in turn help us plan the year around activities (like educational sessions) and how to better engage SAP’s internal architecture practice. This session is a wonderful opportunity to not only meet and greet your ASUG EA leadership team, but also collaborate with your peers and influence SAP to better support the Enterprise Architecture practice within its customer organizations.
This should be a great event! I look forward to seeing you in Orlando May 16 – 19, 2010.