The first teach of the new BPM Expert education for Professional has just been completed successfully at SAP in Holland and remote virtual despite Volcanic Ash Cloud. We run 2 classes parallel: 1 onsite training at SAP in Holland and 1 virtual with participants from all over the world.
The first teach was being executed for both Customers, Partners and SAP internal consultants, who all have more than 10 years of SAP experience and who are representing different skills within the SAP environment – which brings me to the first great observation: “the observation of what is the background for a BPM Expert on Professional Level”, which is a topic we have been heavily discussing since we launched the BPM Expert Education on Associate Level – the participants in the class where a mix of Enterprise Architect, Business Architect, Application-, Technology-, Business Consultants and Project Managers who all demonstrate the same passion and interest for the “Real World Business Process Management in an SAP Environment”. The first teach was executed by Prof Dr. Mark von Rosing, Sven Roeleven (IDS Scheer), Christoph Gollmick (SAP) and myself (SAP), who also have created the BPX Professional Training Curriculum.
Following people participated in the training: Martin van Amelsfort (SAP), M. Beelen(IDS Scheer), Frank Luyckx (IDS Scheer), P.P.J. Bominaar (Ministerie van Defensie), Vicent Bosman (SAP), H.G.A. de Vreede (Defensie Tele matica Organisatie), Han Diepstraten (Creetion), Robert Eijpe (NL For Business B.V.), Philip Ensel (myBrand Consultancy B.V.), Henk-Jan Hulshof (SAP), Caspar Laar (NL For Business B.V.), Jeroen Smits (SAP), Rob F.W. ten Cate (myBrand Consultanty B.V.), HuseyinUtlu (NL-FS Cons-Supply-Res-ITTS Technology), Jeroen van Lier (Creation), Edgar van Schijndel (Creation), Rini van deVen (SAP), Arjan Visser (SAP), Ruth Zamudio (SAP), Jochen Roehring (SAP), Sven Wagner (SAP) , Steffen Karuse (SAP) and Axel Ritthaler (SAP).
The first day we executed the course BPM310: BPM Governance interlink to the Business Model and It Governance of the Company, in which the participants got an overview of how to apply BPM Governance together with SAP Enterprise Architecture/TOGAF including how they are link to the Business Model of the Company” In the 1 day training the participants learned how to:
- work with Business Model Transformation Innovation and how this is supported by Business Process Management
- explain what can initiate a Business Process Management initiative
- explain the economic value that BPM can contribute with and it impotency for the company including it strategic meaning
- work with the link between the companies business model, BPM governance framework and IT governance framework including EA /TOGAF
- explain the Business Model Management approach and BPM Governance Framework
The second and third day we executed the course BPM150: SAP Business Server and Publisher, Enterprise Modeling, Process Optimization and Performance by IDS Scheer, in which the participants got into the details of the methodology framework and tools for executing Business Process Modeling, Simulation and Optimization, Process Performance Measurement and Process Publishing.
In the 2 days training the participants obtained the understanding:
- on how to move between the different stages within the lifecycle of a business process supported by the new ASAP Methodology
- on how to execute business process simulation and optimization, business process modeling, business process publishing and process performance measurement applying SAP Enterprise Modeling Applications by IDS Scheer.
The fourth day we executed the course SOA120: New ASAP Methodology For Implementations Focus: BPM blending with SOA in which the participants got into the details of using the new ASAP methodology from a BPM and SOA perspective.
In the 1 day training the participants learned how to:
work with BPM and SOA within the new ASAP Methodology for Implementation
link the service landscape with the process landscape
used the integration between SAP Enterprise Modeling by IDS Scheer and Enterprise Services Repository
identify service operations based on a given process landscape
specify service operations in terms of their input and output requirements
evaluate the service gap (Answer the question: What services are ready to use, what services need to extended or developed from scratch)
structure a service landscape
The fifth day we executed the course BPM140: Model to Execution (SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management), in which the participants got an understanding on how to apply SAP NetWeaver BPM from a Business perspective.
In the 1 day training the participants learned:
- how to apply lean Enterprise Service Discovering and Consumption using SAP NetWeaver BPM
- how to use the offerings from ES Workplace as jumpstart and reference for enterprise services consumption
- how to download and deploy a Simple Sample
Next step for the participants are to take the BPX Professional Certification, P_BPX_70.
The training will soon be running again as classroom training or virtual remote training on following locations: Austria, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, South Africa, Belgium, France and Italy.
We hope to meet you soon in the “Real World Business Process Management in an SAP Environment”.