I have come across requirements like in the absence of the manager; the substitute (delegated) manager should be able to ‘Record Working time’ for the other team members. Not having explored this aspect of delegation, my answer often was ‘Well, not possible’. But this always seemed like a very justified requirement to me. So I decided to delve further and what I found was ‘Well there is nothing really impossible in SAP’ and this requirement is very much achievable.
So I designed my system whereby a delegate manager could access the ESS in MSS applications like ‘Applying leave’, ‘Booking time’ etc on-behalf of the other manager. The configuration steps some minor configuration in the Organisational Management (OM) and the OADP (Object and Data Provider) in MSS. The steps of configuration are mentioned in brief below:
OM related Config
- Create a custom ‘relationship’ which would determine the delegate of manager in the system. I would suggest creating a custom relationship in OM for this purpose. E.g ZSU
- The allowed relationships for this custom relationship need to be maintained. Since the relation is often between the position between the two managers, this should definitely be one of the allowed relations.
- Maintain 2 subtypes for Infotype 1001 eg AZSU and BZSU. Time constraint for both these subtypes should be maintained.
- Devise a custom evaluation path using the custom relation which can return the delegated Org units/ team members. Test the evalutation path in the system such that when you provide the userid of the delegated manager, it returns the team/ org unit he is delegating.
This completes the OM configuration.
- Create an Object selection rule using the evaluation path mentioned above.
- Create an Object Selection using the Object Selection rule
- Create an Organisation structure view using the Object Selection for root object determination.
- Then create an Organisation Group View or assign the Organisation structure view to an existing Organisation Group View.
- If you have used an existing Organisation Group View, then it directly become visible in the portal and you access the delegated team.
- If you have created an Organisation Group View then an portal iview needs to be created using this view.
The OADP views are easily accessible this way. However there are certain configurations like TMW which requires far more tricky configuration to achieve it.
Please share your views on this blog. Let me know if you face any problems while configuring TRANSACTION DELEGATION.
Further details can be found in http://help.sap.com/