Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Runtimes
Here’s a quick post to share the runtime deployment strategy for CR for VS 2010.
- Use the CR 2008 SP2 MSI runtime.
- Refer to the beta deployment guide for information on how to redirect the assembly references.
- Applies to 32-bit applications only.
- Does not support the new WPF viewer.
- Unlike prior releases, we will not be supporting MSM (merge module) deployments.
- WPF viewer support is planned.
- 64-bit deployments are planned.
- Will be released at the same time as the production release of CR for VS 2010 in late June.
- Using the CR 2008 SP2 runtime will cease to be supported once the production release is out.