[SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise and SAP Enterprise Portal Part 1 | SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise & SAP Enterprise Portal – Part 1 of 4]
In the second part of this small blog series we are going to look how you can leverage the SAP BusinessObjects iView template to surface content from your BusinessObjects Enterprise system.
This involves the following steps:
- Uploading the portal archive file for the SAP BusinessObjects iView template
- Setting up a new / configuring an existing system in the SAP Enterprise Portal System Landscape
- Setting up the actual iView
h3. Uploading the portal archive file
As part of the BusinessObjects Integration for SAP solutions you also receive a portal archive file which you can upload to your portal system so that you then can leverage the BusinessObjects Enterprise iView template
After the installation of the SAP Integration Kit you can find the portal archive in the folder Program FilesBusiness ObjectsBusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0Web ContentEnterprise12SAPiViewsimportep and the filename is com.businessobjects.pct.masteriview.part. These locations are assuming that you are using a default installation.
Now we need to upload the portal archive to the SAP Enterprise portal:
- Navigate to the area System Administration > Support.
- Navigate to the Portal Runtime.
- Select the Administration Console in the area Portal Anywhere Admin Tools.
- Use the Browse button to select the portal archive file and click on Upload.
After you successfully uploaded the portal archive you can leverage the iView template.
Configuring the Portal System landscape
<p>!http://images.quickblogcast.com/7/7/2/6/3/245948-236277/chapter9figure16.jpg?a=0|style=border: 0px solid |alt=|src=http://images.quickblogcast.com/7/7/2/6/3/245948-236277/chapter9figure16.jpg?a=0!</p>