I’ve been working with SAP Business Workflow for 13 years, and I love being able to solve business problems with it. I know I should be getting into BPM, but sometimes the technology we use is driven by factors outside of our control. But I do know that there are thousands of SAP Business Workflow developers and administrators out there, so I hope you will listen up and step up. We (speaking as a member of ASUG) are working with other user groups (VNSG, DSAG, and SAUG to name a few) to deploy a survey on SAP Business Workflow, how you use it, how did you learn it, and what is in your future, workflow-wise.
This survey is going to be made available to all SAP Business Workflow developers and administrators world-wide. We want to know things like:
1) What was your primary means of learning SAP Business Workflow?
2) Do you do development or administration, or both?
3) Do you get good information from forums, blogs, webcasts, etc?
4) What topics do you want to see covered in the future, whether online or at face-to-face events?
5) How is SAP Support as far as SAP Workflow? (Personally, I have had excellent experiences with SAP support – and I intend to say so, loudly and repeatedly)
6) How critical is SAP Workflow to your core business processes?
7) What would you like to see enhanced/changed/implemented in Workflow?
I know many of you will see this, perhaps click on the link, and then get bored after a few questions and leave. Some of you may not respond at all. Some of you may even jump for joy at the opportunity to share your highs and lows. I urge you all to complete this survey so that we can all benefit, in some way, from the results. Together, we call all learn more, and perhaps our little workflow-world will become a better one for all.
Let me assure you, although we do ask for your name and email address, this is not going to be publicized, nor will it be distributed to any third parties. This information will be kept strictly confidential, and may only be used to inquire further about your survey responses.
The results of this survey will be posted on ASUG.COM, and also on SCN. I think it will generate much fruitful discussion in the future.
As someone who tries to plan for the Workflow and BPM Special Interest Group at the ASUG Annual Conference (and SAPPHIRE, of course!)I am always interested in what the community of workflow developers and administrators has to say, so here is your chance to be heard!
Again, click here for the ‘International User Groups – SAP Business Workflow Survey 2010’. Thank you for your participation.