This document provides tips to isolate portal issues/errors into fixable issues and bugs in the portal application so that OSS notes can be raised to get help from SAP.
- Upon getting any issues/errors in portal application, first and foremost thing is to check for log files in default.trc file.
- Asking other users to reproduce the issue/error to confirm whether the issue is for one user or group of users or for all portal users.
- If only certain users are able to reproduce the error/problem, check permissions of the users in Permissions editor, Security zones for those specific users and finally check browser security/cache settings on user’s local desktops.
- If all users are facing the issue/problem, then check for permissions for all users, analyze log files and try to find root cause of the issue & fix or check sdn.sap.com to find checklist or updated version of configuration guide to compare the configuration of your portal application(s) and if any inconsistencies found, try to fix.
- If you are unable to find out root cause of the issue or problem and any other help from sap forums, try to search in sap notes for well known bugs specific to that application. Still if there are no clues, then contact SAP.
Logs and Traces
SAP OSS Notes