It’s an old question that all students in SAP Training courses have made me and I have never been able to answer them with enough conviction because I think the same.
I think some of the improvements that SAP should implement in the next versions should be:
- Only one development tool. At this moment, I don’t know why SAP doesn’t integrate both development tools in a single one.
- SAP Netweaver Developer Studio. As SAP has adopted Eclipse for the Java development enviroment, why don’t they use eclipse for the PI development? It’s a good tool for developping Java programs, XSD, XML, etc
- Java Module plugin. It would be necessary to have a plugin to develop our own module adapter and be able to enhance the features of the standard adapters.
- Adapter Plugin. It’s a good point to have an Adapter module plugin for SAP PI as well. It would be good to create adapters from scratch.
- Change BPEL to BPMN notation and integrate Galaxy as SAP PI BPM tool.
In the beginng these are some of the proposals that come to my mind.
Summarizing, I think that SAP should adopt Eclipse as base platform for development, both Java development and PI developement.
Don’t you think?
On the other hand I have severals findings about some features that SAP should improve:
- The import IDOC/RFCs methods. When we search for a particular IDOC or RFC all information of IDOC/RFC in SAP System is downloaded. This is a very heavy task for the virtual machine memory, why don’t download only the information or data required ?
- The memory management. Now the memory management isn’t optimized, I think SAP should work harder to fix this issue.
What are the things that SAP has made better?
- The use of the CTS+ as method of transport of PI objects .It was a good choice.
- The use of individual repository for SAP PI Objects, it was good that SAP had not integrated the repository object into NWDI.
- The monitorig enviroment. I have always found all the error messages I was looking for in a short time.
What do you think about the improvements that SAP should apply in the next SAP PI versions?