Associate a report with a viewer webpart in SharePoint
My name is Amit Nagar and I work as Program Manager on SAP Business Objects products integration with Microsoft SharePoint software.
In this post, let me introduce you to a new feature to be introduced in XI3.1 SP3 and future versions of “Integration Option forMicrosoft SharePoint software”. You can read about this product in my previous post introducing the same
I have been receiving many queries from customers and field all over, that they would want to associate a web intelligence or crystal report or for that matter any report to a viewer webpart and also they don’t prefer to see a blank viewer webpart when they login. They just don’t want to browse to their favorite report every time.
We came up with this feature that I call as “Sticky Report”, which addresses this concern. More as follows.
Purpose of Sticky report feature is to
- Remove the dependency on ContentExplorer Webpart
- Removes the tasks of browsing from ContentExplorer Webpart to get their favorite report each time
- Not giveblank viewer webparts to users in their shared and personal views
- Leveraging personalization
- Propertiesin each viewer webpart under SAPBusinessObjects, using the CUID
- Drop downoption “Stick this report” on viewer webparts, available for peoplewith personalization properties
The webpart properties also contain a checkbox known as “Stick Last viewed report”, which is very beneficial for in personalview and opens the last viewed report of the user, the next time they login.
Ihope this new feature is useful and helps customers personalize theirexperience.