SAP has delivered preconfigured, best practice templates for the SAP® Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP MII) application to support manufacturing execution in batch manufacturing industries. The batch manufacturing with SAP MII templates are cost-free and extend the SAP MII architecture by providing prebuilt, plant and role-specific light-weight applications to support manufacturing preparation, execution, documentation and reporting.
The templates provide prebuilt processes, user interfaces and content for SAP MII, for the following plant-specific application areas:
- Role-specific manufacturing operations cockpits, manufacturing order list, material identification
- Work instructions, quality control, production confirmation
- Shift book, monitoring and logging, and manufacturing performance.
The template package called “Batch manufacturing with SAP MII”, is the result of a successful co-innovation project, leveraging the experience of SAP, SAP MII partners Ciber, Systec and Services and Trebing + Himstedt, as well as customer and industry input. The result is a set of preconfigured template applications to meet customer needs for an integrated, plant-specific solution for manufacturing operations. They provide customers with a “smart approach”, delivering a lean solution for core manufacturing execution processes – with central, single data maintenance and seamless integration with SAP ERP. Companies can thus leverage existing investments, avoid data duplication and profit from lower total cost of ownership and time-to-value.
Leveraging the SAP MII development infrastructure and pre-built, standards-compliant integration to SAP ERP and shop floor systems, the batch manufacturing with SAP MII templates integrate and synchronize manufacturing enterprise, operations and shop floor data. In this way, plants and the enterprise benefit from accurate, real-time visibility into manufacturing activities and performance to increase plant operational efficiency and reduce costs. Furthermore, the template applications, preconfigured business processes and content, and documentation (technical and application guides), help reduce implementation cost, effort and risk.
To find out more about this topic, we invite you to:
- Read the SAP Newsbyte: SAP Delivers New Templates for Manufacturing Execution
- Visit the SAP BPX Wiki: Batch Manufacturing with SAP MII & Child Page for the template applications.
- Post a question on the SAP for Chemicals
- Visit the SAP Insider Manufacturing Event; Orlando, February 23-26th 2010 keynote, as well as the breakout session:
How to achieve highly efficient manufacturing operations in the process industry