In my previous blog Overview on Business ByDesign and My Journey at SAP so far, while decribing about ByDesign, I’d mentioned that the product uses the version 7.1 of SAP NW BI.
Now that raised quite some questions on what’s there in 7.1 – which was a special codeline for ByD and is not available in the market. I’d mentioned some features like hybridproviders and real time data acquisition. But there’s a lot more to it and the good news is that all of it is going to be available in 7.2 (Q1/2010).
It has features like:
- Tighter integration with BOBJ tools
- Accelerated Dataloads in Data Store Objects
- Flexibilities offered in data staging
- Enhanced administrative capabilities
- New features in BW Integrated Planning
I came across an article on what is going to be there in 7.2, so I thought I’d spread the good word :-). You can get the details of all that I have mentioned above, in the article that I came across – What’s new with SAP Netweaver BW 7.2 and in 2010.