welcome to the second iteration of the Value Added Samples and Demos project. this Crystal Report is an example of a dynamic grouping / drill-down report. this sample can be easily adapted to your data and enterprise environment.
features of the report:
- the 3 group levels of the report can be changed by the end user
- the main measure, featured in the charts / graphs, can be changed by the end user
- the report uses a top 5 for each group
- the end user can drill into all of the report details
- a group info / drill-down indicator shows the current drill-down path
- in Crystal Reports 2008 there is no database hit when the report grouping or measure is changed
- there is intra-report navigation to go from lower drill-down levels to the beginning level and from the details level to the beginning level
watch a short movie on usage of the sample here.
in the movie above, you may notice that there are no drill-down tabs being shown in the viewer when clicking on the first 2 charts. there is an opendocument switch where you can hide the drill-down tabs in Crystal Reports 2008. there is more information on that opendocument switch, and 2 others, Hiding the Toolbar in Crystal Reports and 2 Other Great OpenDocument Features.
this sample has instructions (on the design tab of the report itself) on setting the report to your own data environment. you can also install the sample to your own system without making any changes to see if the analytic can be useful for your business.
you can download the sample here.
if you have an idea for a demo / sample that you would like to see built using Business Objects products such as Crystal Reports, please see the Value Added Samples and Demos WIKI. if it is approved as a good demo / sample for the community, we can build it for you for free!