Process to Cleanse or Validate the data in R/3(ECC) andLoad it back to R/3 tables using Data Services.
One can perform R3 data validation and cleansing using Data Services, with one of the following methods:-
1. ABAP PROGRAM
2. USING IDOC
3. USING BAPI
In this example i have used the first method, i. e ABAP Program.
To handle this i have created custom table in ECC and stored few records into it. Then using Data Services extracted the data from ECC and did the required transformation and finally uploaded into the ECC table with ABAP Progarm.
Following is the step by step approach to handle R3/ECC table data.
1. Create a DataStore with R3/ECC Credentials.
2. Create a Project (Ex: PROJECT_R3_EXTRACT).
3. Create a Batch Job (Ex: R3JOBRUN).
4. Now the screen will look like below.
5. Under the Job add a WorkFlow.
6. Under WorkFlow add a DataFlow.
7.Double click on DataFlow.
8. Drag and Drop the R/3 Flow from the palate.
9. Provide the Source DataStore Name, ABAP file name to be generated , ABAP program name in R/3 and the Job Name. Follow the 8 character naming convention.
10. Drag and Drop aTemplate Table for staging purpose. Then Drag and drop the transformation in Between R/3 Flow and Template Table and Map Accordingly.
11. Map the R/3 flow with transformation and then to the Template Table.
12. Double click on the R/3 Flow to Add the source table , transformation and transporter.
13. Drag and Drop the Source R3/ECC table and transformation.
14. Drag and Drop the Transport from the right palate.
15. Map the Source table with Query(Transformation) then the query to Transport.
16. Double click on the Transport and provide the data file name (the output file where the final data will be stored after Validation and Cleansing).
17. Double click on the Query, Drag and Drop the required source fields into the Query. Here we can apply the required transformation (Validation, Quality and Cleansing Techniques).
18. Double click on the Transport to view whether the required fields to transfer are mapped or not.
19. Go back to the DataFlow Level and double click on the template table (Staging Table) to confirm the mapping, look into the transformation in between.
21. Execute the Batch Job.
22.In the below screen the Job execution is showing errors but once you map the template table with transformation you will not get any errors.
23. After successful Execution of the Job Check the Data File and the ABAP Program File generated in the Provided Path at the time os DataStore Creation. (R/3 credentials path, In my Ex: D:\USR\SAP)
24. Once the DataFile is generated , We can upload the DataFile into the target table using a ABAP Program (Ex: ZFILEUPLOAD Program).
25. Execute the above Sample Program in SE38, which is used for file uplaod. Change the Code according to your file structure.
26. After execution the input screen will pop-up, where we have to provide the DatafFile path and name. (Select browse for selection DataFile).
27. After execution or Run, the qualitative data will be uploaded into the R3/ECC tables.