We mentioned it in former New developer licenses for NetWeaver on the horizon, now the license is here: a new license for development tools provided with SAP NetWeaver: SAP Community Developer Edition. The software with the new license is provided in the Downloads section of the SDN for SAP NetWeaver ABAPand for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment. Whenever you download the tools from today on, the new license is attached and it grants you more rights than the old test & evaluation license.
Here are some highlights of what the new license allows (some of them will become important as soon as we also move code exchange from the closed beta phase to public availability in Q1/2010):
- it’s free of charge
- test and evaluate SAP NetWeaver and develop and share your add-on prototypes on code exchange
- the license doesn’t expire
- the license grants you rights to consume APIs (such as enterprise services and BAPIs) to build your add-on prototypes
- the code that you develop remains your code
- SDN users license and use the software as individuals
So far those rights weren’t granted with the old test & evaluation license. To learn more, visit the FAQ in the Code Exchange wiki.
Just go ahead, check the links in the Downloads section to accept the new license and use the software under the extended terms. If you have any questions feel free to post them here.
Here are the links: